The What's Up? thread.

SamH

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Broke the base for the 3 foot tank I was building out of 2 broken tanks. Prepared the rest though and now just need to find a base.

Took the dogs to Muriwai for a run by the river. They had a great time. I contemplated getting more sand while there but figured I hadn't finished using the last lot so didn't bother. We go out there at least once a week so if anybody wants to put an order in for a bit of black sand let me know.

Went for a walk up the hill.

Helped Grant clear and flatten all the cardboard boxes in the garage (and break up and bag the polystyrene) so he can fit thew MX5 back in the garage. Cardboard went to recycling centre (filled the whole back of the Odyssey with all the seats down!). A pity they won't take the polystyrene :cry:

Went to neighbours' to feed the fish and discovered their hot water pipe overflowing down the roof and water starting to come through the ceiling. Oh dear. They will not be happy on their return from holiday! Turned the water off and called the friend we were told to call if there was any problem. He will organise a plumber if the leak continues. Hopefully James does not have Net access where he is holidaying and reads this :tears: (It was minor leakage inside James, honest! Just drips we think came from around the pipe and under the flashing)

Finished current book and...

Finished my 2000 piece jigsaw. Got two 1500's left to go.

I got back from work and cleaned one of my 405s on the planted tank.

Impeller cover broke - one of the clasps came off. Gah.

Least there is adequate filtration on the tank, because this will take the best of 7 days to fix (new part order).

I found another small baby bristlenose and saw an approx week old fry swimming around my rock background.

It has a clear/white longish body with 2 or 3 distinct black stripes (like a clown loach only tiny)

I have:

Bristlenose's

Filament barbs

Red line torpedo barbs

clown loaches

small black flying foxs

checkered barbs

Also discovered hundreds of tiny eggs from my checkered barbs on a plant.

Did something other than play Minecraft this afternoon :lol: Broke down a little Splish Splash and replaced it with a very nice 60x30x36(?) planted tank I'd been neglecting for far too long! Wiped back the algae to discover the hairgrass was going strong and the shrimp were thriving. Shifted it to my room and added a heater, ready for my adult guppy population sometime this week. Feels good to have a nice tank in my room again! 8)

I agree with you there Sam!

Today I've been fluffing around with waterchanges/other fishy stuff and assignments. I also found a setting on my camera especially for taking pictures of fish tanks :o Tried it out and the difference is amazing!

Surgery on my wrist is only a week away now so very excited! Planning on ordering a couple of books tomorrow from the HFF site to keep me entertained while in hospital :happy1:

I have a book you can borrow CC, Josh might be over this weekend so he can take it back his way if you want 8) I noticed a difference in your photos, very nice. I should upload some of the tank (not my work but still >.<) I just cleaned up.

is supposed to try and sleep but I am so nervous for tomorrow I can't. I am going for an interview to see if I qualify to do a special needs teacher aide course so I can become one professionally for the ministry of education and not just as a volunteer parent help at school :yaw1: gotta go to sleep ...gotta go to sleep