Cartoon characters you love(d)

Caryl

Another thread got a bit off topic when talking about loving meeces to pieces :lol:

What cartoon characters did you like as a kid?

I remember Touche Turtle! and Squiddly Diddly. Of course in my day Mickey Mouse and other Disney characters were king.

When my kids were little we watched Danger Mouse and his sidekick Penfold (hamster) fight the evil Silas Greenback (a frog) and others. Fraggles, Dinoriders.

Remember The Pink Panther and Snagglepuss?

Secret Squirrel and Morocco Mole?

20060926-DastardlyMuttley.jpg

Anything with Dick Dastardly and Mutley in it, especially Stop The Pigeon. Also really liked old [pre scrappy doo] Scooby Doo.

As for modern cartoons, the Simpsons still has to take the cake, its just funny on so many different levels and is always entertaining no matter how many times you've seen the episode. Aqua Teen Hunger Force also really appeals to my warped sense of humor. A pack of fries, a milkshake and a meatball from outer space living on earth with a white-trash neighbor, whats not to love!

Aqua%20Teen%20Hunger%20Force.jpg

The Flintstones, Bugs Bunny, gee that's all I can think of right now. But when my kiddies came along, they enjoyed and me too sometimes: Smurfs, My Little Pony, The Muppets (although not considered cartoon characters), He_man (might have that one wrong), hmmm that's it for now!

Caper

ever since my earliest memories (Captian Pugwash) I have had real problems getting interested in cartoons as they had no reality at all. With movies, you always knew that they were makebelieve but they had that bit of realisim.

I still feel the same way and have troublr with the grandkids wanting cartoons

Similar to books, I cant (get bored) read a fiction book

sad eh

I'm lucky enough to work with animators (at South Seas Animation School). One of the guys I work with has been an animator on Yogi Bear, The Smurfs, Scooby Doo, Biker Mice from Mars, Tiny Toons, Dave the Barbarian and a whole bunch of other stuff. He's my hero!

The Tick was always one of my favs.

Spoooooon! :)

Tick: And so, Arthur, we learned that gambling is bad and yet in a certain sense, isn't life itself a gamble? You can never be sure of anything. Like who would have thought that dolphins could go bad and that fish were magnetic? Not me, no sir, not me.

Tick: You know, evil comes in many forms, be it a man-eating cow or Joseph Stalin. But you can't let the package hide the pudding. Evil is just plain bad. You don't cotton to it. You gotta smack it on the nose with the rolled up newspaper of goodness. Bad dog! Bad dog!

Tick: You know, Arthur, when evil is afoot, and you don't have any arms, you've gotta use your head. And when evil is ahead and you're behind, you've gotta do the legwork. But when you can't get a leg up, you gotta be hip. You gotta keep your chin up, and kick some-...

Arthur: Tick, we get the idea

Tick: It's your turn now, Thorace-bog.

Thrakkorzog: It's Thrakkorzog. Thrakkorzog. With a K.

Tick: We're only serving humble pie, Whatchamazog.

Thrakkorzog: For the last time, it's...

Tick: Thorax-and-a-bog. Four-yacks-and-a-dog.

Thrakkorzog: No.

Tick: Ah, laxative-log.

Thrakkorzog: No, no, no.

Tick: Sapsucker-frog.

Thrakkorzog: Thrakkorzog.

Tick: Susan?

Thrakkorzog: Now you're doing it on purpose. How juvenile.

I remember Kimba The White Lion, Gigantor, The Wombles, Dick Dastardly & Mutly, The Wacky Racers, The Jetsons, Yogi & Booboo, Thunderbirds :wink:

and WHAT was the name of the big rooster who strutted round saying :I Say I say boy, just wait one cotton pickin moment" and Yipty Dipty Doo Dar Day"?? Lmao :D:D

you guys should have been pulling eels outs creeks or trying to dam a stream to make a swimming hole or making tree huts or stealing the fruit off the trees in the orchard down the road then running flat out incase the owner saw you with that single orange or apple.

you guys should have been pulling eels outs creeks or trying to dam a stream to make a swimming hole or making tree huts or stealing the fruit off the trees in the orchard down the road then running flat out incase the owner saw you with that single orange or apple.

Barrie you forgot shooting home-made bows and arrows at everything, catching wild goats, riding horses on the beach, attempting a thousand times to tickle trout but never succeeding and running kilometers down the beach each and every morning at dawn in a attempt to find frostfish before your brother did

Don't worry Barrie, I still did plenty of that, along with watching cartoons.

I actually think I started watching them more in my late teens.. :oops: