Cartoon characters you love(d)

Caryl

you guys should have been pulling eels outs creeks or trying to dam a stream to make a swimming hole or making tree huts or stealing the fruit off the trees in the orchard down the road then running flat out incase the owner saw you with that single orange or apple.

Thats a tad hard to do when you live in a very established suburb. No streams or swimming holes for miles. We did however have fruit trees in our back yard...

We had our share of outside activities too.. but still managed to watch A LOT of tv :D

on teh topic of spongebob:

My sister used to come home from school and have a spongebob (cheese sandwedge microwaved to a greasey yellow mess) and watch spongebob.

:-?

strange lass that one

i always liked the ninja turtles and captain planet, i also remeber watching power rangers (do they count?) and am a big fan of bad /old batman stuff.

now i quite like drawn together (sp?), but tend to prefer my comics in books rather than on TV now (Am a huge fan of stuff by Niel Gaiman and other bits like Fables and swamp thing)

I should have remembered the Ninja Turtles as we have this on our hall wall...

ninjaturtleinhall.jpg

He is the same height as me.

Many kids have drawn on our hall wall over the years. We said they could as we were going to redecorate but, since Gareth was 7 at the time I drew the Ninja Turtle, and he is now coming up 27, sa you can see we still haven't got around to redecorating the hallway! :lol:

I also added Spiderman as I though he would be appropriate among the spider webs :wink:

spidermanonwall.jpg

Barrie you forgot shooting home-made bows and arrows at everything, catching wild goats, riding horses on the beach, attempting a thousand times to tickle trout but never succeeding and running kilometers down the beach each and every morning at dawn in a attempt to find frostfish before your brother did

olly, where did u grow up frostfish u dont see them all that often

Barrie you forgot....

claddy wood boats, sling shots and punga huts.

Possuming and body surfing

Sleeping out in the back yard and drinking water straight from a ..OMG ...creek.

Shooting your first deer and then having to carry the blardy thing.

Or being above the bush line and watching a sunrise for the first time

And as for cartoons...you have all forgotten the greatest of them all

The Ghost who Walks.

Kit Walker with his horse Hero and Wolf

Dressed in a purple tights with dual 45s

Death skull ring and his crossed swords.

And he was drawn and the comics published in Australia.

Butchered by Billy Zane in that horrible late 90s movie.....

Oh you know who he was.....

He IS the.....

PHANTOM...

:wink::wink: