Everything posted by Phillz
-
Been A While
WB Dan, glad to have you back with us :lol:
-
Post some pics of you livebearers!
Some of the babbas around a day old
-
My New Setup
Awesome....very tempted to try this myself, as we are close to the beach. Don't think hubby would be keen on the idea of anther tank though
-
Post some pics of you livebearers!
Nice fish there Ballistic Here is my fav female....and she just became a momma :lol: She has never dropped fry before....yesterday the males were rehomed....she must have felt more at ease lol
-
A big hello from Switzerland
Welcome aboard, look forward to reading your posts
-
Greetings from the Netherlands
Welcome aboard, look forward to hearing more from you and seeing your setup when your finished.
-
Good Evening
Welcome aboard.........glad to have you hear with us. Looking forward to hearing more about your plans
-
The "Betta" experiment.
Thanks Shelley..............I am just as mesmerised myself. it is so hard to get a good shot with a cheapo camera, but enjoy trying
-
The "Betta" experiment.
Lid is on nice and tight......Can't wait till they get bigger my eyes are sore from staring to hard :lol:
-
Hello Fishie People
Welcome, glad to have you here and look forward to hearing more from you
-
Hello New Zealand
Welcome Aboard. You make great mates here
-
The "Betta" experiment.
I decided to do a small water change, and get rid of a tonne of snail poop. I carefully siphoned a little at a time avoiding the tiny fry as best I could.....I decided to check the bit of water I was about to throw out :roll: At first I spotted 1 fry, then 2 more, so moved them back to there tank. I checked again, and the more I looked the more I saw......I think I removed about 30-40 fry AND I thought I was being soooooooo careful :oops: They all look fine, even after their scarey experience....and I won't be doing any more water changes until they are bigger Seeing them up close, I can already see a tinge of red in some of their tails, some are alot darker and some are almost see-though, only able to see their eyes( probably why I sucked up so many :oops: )
- hi
-
Convicts Spawned
WOW great pics
-
Tragedy strikes.
So sorry to hear about your losses....hopefully you will figure out why all the sudden deaths so you can stop anymore from happening
- Green Cobras
-
Does anyone have some juvenile bettas? - WTB
Hehe glad I could help They are such neat fish to keep, you'll enjoy them. Can't wait to see piccies
-
my fav seahorse
Congrats would love to see pic of the ponies
-
The "Betta" experiment.
They are free swimming now, so have removed dad and treating him for whitespot. The babies have just been given their first meal, which they gulped down. I gave them Wardley Small Fry....the only thing I could find available. I think I will have to syphon their tank soon as i think it will polute very quickly using this stuff. I may try boiled egg yolk aswell.
-
Does anyone have some juvenile bettas? - WTB
Wish I could help you out....but my little bubs are only 48hrs old :lol:
-
The "Betta" experiment.
Well I am pretty sure he has whitespot....and not too sure what to do about it He is totally worn out, chasing his prize fry around.....he gets a few seconds to rest then he is off again, gathering them up.....naughty little thing Here are the latest pics.......wriglers in this pic They are loose and have their tails hanging down in this pic
-
The "Betta" experiment.
The eggs are about 24 hrs old now, and I have tiny little wriglers. I can see them jiggling about in their eggs.....tooooo darn cute! I have been watching them on and off all day, I think I may have eye strain, trying to focus on such tiny things LOL. Dad is keeping close guard on his pride and joy....but I am a bit worried about him. I have noticed a couple of white spots on him I hope fatherhood isn't going to cause whitespot on him.......if it is the beginning of the dreaded white spot what could I do?
-
The "Betta" experiment.
This is my very first go at breeding so not one to give advice :oops: But I have a sponge filter at one end of the tank, on very slow bubbles.....he built the nest at the other end of the 2ft tank. The bubbles from the sponge filter barely make any water motion. Have you got photos of your fighters? would love to see them in the "Show us your bettas" post
-
The "Betta" experiment.
Had a fright when I couldn't see them......but he has moved them, Not eaten them as first thought :roll: I have to lower the water level as advised 8) Thanks Alan
-
The "Betta" experiment.
Well......I was really concerned when I saw Cherrie drop about a dozen eggs and eat them. Then I noticed a small batch in the nest with dad busily tending to them.....so cute! Here are some pics....the eggs are in the left hand corner. In this photo, he is re-positioning an egg.