Post some pics of you livebearers!

livebearer_breeder

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi Peter

Caryl's done a thread here about posting pics.

I use photobucket.com (just put the http bit in front of that) for hosting a lot of my pics.

to get thumbnails into the forum

1. Open 2 windows. One on the reply notepad, one on the full size pic you have hosted on the web eg at photobucket or somewhere.

2. Reply notepad, click on the url box above. Replace the ] with = looks like

3. Reply pad click on Img. Go back to your pic (other window) and return to your page of pics all in thumbnail size. Right click on the image you want and select properties. Cut and paste the url of that.

4. Paste that into the reply notepad

5 Click on url above again. This should bring the 2nd img and url tags onto your reply.

With gaps, ;) just take them out [ url = full size pic url ] [ img ] url from the properties box of the image thumbnail (right click on inage thumbnail) [ /img ] [ / url ]

sounds fiddly but doesn't take long once you've done it a couple of times and it's a blessing for those of us on dialup :D

pm me if this doesn't make sense :lol:

sue

They are fish I origionally got from Kelly Rennel who got them from Cees.

Basically a line bred strain when I go them.All I have been doing is noticing small differences occasionally and using that male over one of his sisters to make a new strain.At the moment I have 6 strains developed from this one strain reds,blues,greens,and a very dark almost blak H/B blue.

The first picture is a gold body blue male.

Second is a grey body.

I also have the same in reds that came from the same origional line.

The grey body line still needs alot of work in the dorsal.It does not flow into the caudal the same as the gold body.

It's really not that hard.Just takes time and tankspace.

The more you get into it the more the Guppy bug will get you.

I thought converting my Guarage would be enough.

As soon as I got in there I started up more lines from crosses e.t.c. to see what would happen with them in a year or two.I have not filled up the whole room with tanks yet but may have to think about extending the room at some stage.

Yep

The two gold body lines Blue and red are showing some good prommise.Not that old in linebred terms and both types occasionally produce colour from the other strain.Some drops have more than others.

Hardly any of the fry come out small tailed, gold body being recessive means they are a bit easier to work with.I have also found they don't produce many fry with any black in the tail.Very clean.

How are they doing?.