Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Caryl

Financial Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Caryl

  1. Welcome back Brett.
  2. Caryl replied to rosco's topic in Welcome
    Welcome. Good to know the shakes have not made you give up! :bounce:
  3. Read the title! :lol: You missed it.
  4. I love those dragonfish! :love: My boss was kind enough to ring to ask if I was watching it. I had planned too but had got too involved in my book so it was lucky he rang.
  5. I can lend you my little wooden box (as made by Alanmin) if you want Joe. (I killed the worms I had :oops: )
  6. Caryl replied to Caryl's topic in Freshwater
    I have the Amano book, of course, for plants. The Cichlid Aquarium - Dr Paul Loiselle The Complete Book of Dwarf Cichlids - Hans-Joachim Richter and 7 Baensch Atlases. All, except the latest Baensch's were in my previous list.
  7. Then it is either in the wrong section or your definition of fun differs from mine :lol:
  8. That depends on the conditions in which they are kept
  9. I suspect not. I presume it is the direct sunlight that turns them brittle (buckets eventually have the same problem) so covering them with something should stop the sun breaking down the plastic.
  10. A lot of plastic bins go brittle if left sitting in direct sunlight.
  11. Do you have a Rock and Mineral Club in your area? They can be most helpful and will know where you can go to get "wild caught" rocks to suit your needs.
  12. To me it is Joe, for this purpose. Unlike Sophia, I could not keep daphnia alive in buckets or anything smaller than the old bath I use, or a fibreglass pond. That is all I meant - I had more success in containers with larger surface areas. I believe daphnia use a lot of oxygen. It can obviously be done though, Sophia is proof! 8) Just trying to come up with ideas of why you had all the sudden deaths. Nobody sprayed anything nearby have they? Drift from neighbours? Perhaps it was the milk. I have never added milk before but I would have thought, in direct sun, it would go off and perhaps pollute the water? I fed my daphnia green water, yeast, and/or dried blood.
  13. I kept mine in a small pond as I found daphnia do not do well in small containers.
  14. Caryl replied to Caryl's topic in Freshwater
    I have added to the collection since then as well :roll:
  15. Caryl replied to blueyes's topic in Killies
    I guess we will see you at conference then blueeyes? I am sure the NZKA members attending could transport killies too 8)
  16. Caryl replied to fordayzbro's topic in Freshwater
    Me too Stephanie :-? That is looking good! Will be better once equipment is hidden.
  17. Been there done that! Had a bit of trouble with ferry bookings as one of them will be off being refitted and we had to find the right sailing times. Don't forget to pack your gumboots if you plan to step in any rockpools!
  18. You will know if you get a vet to check them and run tests.
  19. Healthy, strong, bones for the daphnia
  20. Caryl replied to phoenix44's topic in The Off Topic Fishroom
    Always look on the bright side of life 8)
  21. Caryl replied to phoenix44's topic in The Off Topic Fishroom
    I just saw a scientific programme last night that said the sun had at least another 5 billion years left before it implodes, or explodes (can't remember which) so I think we are safe from sun problems ending the world.
  22. Glaziers can make a tank whatever size you like and are generally a lot cheaper than buying the fancy tank and stand units.
  23. Cthulhu
  24. Back to the original subject... Did you hear about the man who was found 14 kms out to sea floating on a bit of his roof? There was also a multi-storey building that now has a 40 seater bus sitting on its roof :-?
  25. Welcome and good luck with setting up. Keep an eye on Trademe for good deals.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.