Jump to content

Caryl

Financial Members
  • Posts

    23833
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Caryl

  1. Looks like a nice tasty mushroom to me. I thought it was the pretty coloured ones that tended to be poisonous. I pick similar looking ones in the reserve next door and they cook up nicely. Have a look here and see if you can find it.
  2. It is a fail definitely as we had that problem once. Ours was attached to the back window so easy to remove, rather than repair, as it had a wiring problem.
  3. Did the goldfish come from the beach as well? I wonder if you will have trouble with the fish ripping their flowing fins, or damaging bulgy eyes, on the thin, pointed driftwood pieces.
  4. Could be some poor genetics somewhere.
  5. It's a bit small for goldfish
  6. But are they peck proof? I don't think the mynahs are licking the pig's ears I did not know such things as lick proof coverings, special hats and hoods were available for animals (never having had the need for any). How interesting! 8)
  7. In this case PhotoRec would not work. The computer is supposed to do an auto back-up daily (and claimed it was). When Grant last checked it at the end of March it was doing so. Perhaps he did something to it as it obviously hasn't worked since! :-? I did not accidentally delete it (that would have been easy to fix) but I overwrote it. Went to Save As and when it asked if I was sure, I said yes. As soon as I clicked it I realised it was wrong (I had both the magazine and the cover open at the same time and had been working between one and the other and had meant to save the cover but selected the mag name instead) but no matter how loudly I screamed "NO! I MADE A MISTAKE! STOP!!!! it did not listen :facepalm: &c:ry Grant has retrieved all but 13 pages of it. Of course of those 13 pages, which had about 6 different articles from memory, 2 were written by me so I don't have a copy. One of them had taken over a week to sort, write, check, contact others for confirmation of facts etc. If only I had sent a copy to Donna (as a lot had to do about her experiences with getting the turtles out of the quake zone) for checking I would have a copy for her to send back but I had not yet done so. :tears: Luckily I have a couple of articles ready to go into the August mag so I can use them instead then laboriously re-write the other, which was about 6 pages on its own. Thank you to those in Chat last night who were offering possible solutions.
  8. Congratulations Simon. No you can't. Hair doesn't count :lol: Love the name. Welcome to The Fishroom Devin. :love:
  9. Can you take some pics once you catch it? It is amazing how fast a sick or injured fish can move when it wants to!
  10. That was very kind of you Poecilid. So selfless!
  11. I have just managed to wipe the whole May Aquarium World - which was just having the finishing touches added to it :-? I have unplugged the external drive so hopefully Grant will be able to retrieve a copy from there as it does an auto backup every 4 hours or something so, assuming it is working properly, it will be there. Oh dear :tears: &c:ry It is times like this I wish I drank as I could do with a stiff drink :roll:
  12. I am still waiting for his new address as well or his May magazine may not get delivered! Looking forward to seeing all this soon! :happy1:
  13. It sounds really bad and I suspect you may be right with thinking it is intestines, injured from an attack. Try and catch it and separate it from the other fish. I doubt there is anything you can do but put it out of its misery. Sounds like a serious injury :-?
  14. If it is on the back of the tank, against a wall, how is it going to get scratched? I have spray painted the backs of tanks and found the paint to be reasonably scratch resistant. Do several thin layers rather than fewer thicker ones.
  15. We aren't allowed to 'phone a friend' at our quiz. All cell phones and other electronic devices much be switched off and off the tables.
  16. Our team, the Foxy Morons, won the Clubs Marlborough Quiz for this term. We now have a cheque for $500 to give to Kelly's school - her class would like to go on a bus trip. :bounce: :happy1: :happy2: :nilly: We won the final term last year too and $500 went to Renwick School's new playground upgrade. 8) Each game runs through a school term and the winners each week get a voucher to spend at the clubs' restaurant, bar or cafe. $100 for the winners and $50 for 2nd I think (although we were regularly winning each week at one point I can't remember how much the prizes were). 2nd last also get a voucher. We had our vouchers loaded onto a club card and our team would use it to buy dinner and drinks. We had over $500 at one point. Points are tallied at the end of each game (once a week) to go towards the final total for the term. Teams have to nominate a school to receive the $500 prize. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: I think our advantage is we have a team made up with an age range of 30 years. Other teams are either all younger ones, or all older but with us being from 30 - 60 what one age group doesn't know the other usually does
  17. I was going to correct that typo but am too busy laughing now :lol: :facepalm:
  18. When I change my fluoros, they are usually so old I get an immediate algae outbreak as a result of the sudden improved lighting! :roll: ... and the fish put on their sunglasses due to the brightness 8)
  19. Looking good. Some interesting fish!
  20. My biggest complaint is they tend to be noisy if you don't have the water level right up to the lip. The constant sound of water does not relax me, it just makes me wanna pee! :-? I have used AquaClears for years and all still have the original sponges (some over 10 years old) I recently purchased a Millennium(?) but it did not last long.
  21. If certain children do not learn to control themselves when posting they will all get an official warning! :evil: Thank you for ignoring them Joe :roll:
×
×
  • Create New...