Where can I get rocks like this?

Joshlikesfish

I'm not sure either, but I'd guess a landscaping company might have something similar?

I'd be surprised if they didn't. The place I usually get rocks tends to have 3-4 large piles of a couple tons of different types of flat slate, schist etc. Like these couple pieces...

redspot2.JPG

get on your bike and whizz down to Kings Plant Barn and have a look among their rocks in bags, they are usually with the outdoor ceramic pots. Howick store is big, I'm sure they will have the ones I saw at St Lukes. Also if you have a Central Landscaping Supplies near you, they may have something too.

get on your bike and whizz down to Kings Plant Barn and have a look among their rocks in bags, they are usually with the outdoor ceramic pots. Howick store is big, I'm sure they will have the ones I saw at St Lukes. Also if you have a Central Landscaping Supplies near you, they may have something too.

Will do :D

Do you have a Rock and Mineral Club in your area? They can be most helpful and will know where you can go to get "wild caught" rocks to suit your needs.
I'll have to find out :D

• 1 month later...

I found some rocks like this in a fish shop in Auckland, not sure which one though, the GPS just took me to it, it was about 10mins drive from the English Corner shop place, hope this helps? someone from Auckland may be able to narrow it down a bit :) they have a fish room on the left hand side of their store with tanks that can be seen from inside and outside, and its under those tanks on the outside of the fish room :)