Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
We’ve recently updated Aquarium World! We’re working through a few bugs, with exciting new features on the way. Thanks for your patience while we fine-tune the site.

Where can I get rocks like this?

Featured Replies

get 'waituna" or something or rather stones they are sold at bunnings etc as stepping stops just drop them on concrete to break them up as they are large when you buy them. they will look exactly the same

I'm not sure either, but I'd guess a landscaping company might have something similar?

I'd be surprised if they didn't. The place I usually get rocks tends to have 3-4 large piles of a couple tons of different types of flat slate, schist etc. Like these couple pieces...

redspot2.JPG

get on your bike and whizz down to Kings Plant Barn and have a look among their rocks in bags, they are usually with the outdoor ceramic pots. Howick store is big, I'm sure they will have the ones I saw at St Lukes. Also if you have a Central Landscaping Supplies near you, they may have something too.

Do you have a Rock and Mineral Club in your area? They can be most helpful and will know where you can go to get "wild caught" rocks to suit your needs.

be careful when collecting those wild caught rocks, most will never eat in captivity :nilly:

Fortunately they're really easy to breed in captivity. But the offspring seem to lose size each generation.

  • Author
get on your bike and whizz down to Kings Plant Barn and have a look among their rocks in bags, they are usually with the outdoor ceramic pots. Howick store is big, I'm sure they will have the ones I saw at St Lukes. Also if you have a Central Landscaping Supplies near you, they may have something too.

Will do :D

Do you have a Rock and Mineral Club in your area? They can be most helpful and will know where you can go to get "wild caught" rocks to suit your needs.
I'll have to find out :D
  • 1 month later...

I found some rocks like this in a fish shop in Auckland, not sure which one though, the GPS just took me to it, it was about 10mins drive from the English Corner shop place, hope this helps? someone from Auckland may be able to narrow it down a bit :) they have a fish room on the left hand side of their store with tanks that can be seen from inside and outside, and its under those tanks on the outside of the fish room :)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.