Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hello from Wanganui

Featured Replies

Hello All,

I am new to NZ, living in Wanganui. Been crazy about fish since I was a kid and plunged into aquascaping 3 years back. Still learning and still feel I am an amateur in aquascaping, and more than happy to learn from other scapers here. Also a member of aquatic plant central. Its only been a week since I arrived to NZ. Planning to get my hobby re-started soon :lol: New to NZ so would like to know where to get tanks, plants, filters, lights, CO2, ferts and fish around Wanganui. Thank you in advance for all your help.

Cheers,

Vivek

Hi and welcome, pretty slim pickings for fish shops and stuff around there unfortunately (I moved from Bulls to Auckland recently) however Simon is in town (no doubt he will get in touch with you at some stage) he is right into his plants and stuff so should be able to sort you out in that regard :)

Hi

What sized tank are you after?

There is not much of a selection in Wanganui but the pet store will order stuff for you if you ask. Quite reasonable with the price too.

As Ryan said, I am a bit of a plant enthusiast myself. Here is my blog www.supasi.wordpress.com

its a bit neglected recently but has some of my stuff in it.

  • Author

Hello Simon, I am after a 70-100 ltr tank. Yeah, you are right abt the pet shop (Animania) at Wanganui, nothing much there. I had gone to Animates at Palmi last weekend and chatted up with a guy there. They seem to have quite a lot of stuff esp Eheim filters and plants. But then quite expensive I feel. Also heard about Wet Pets there, but didnt go to the shop. How is that shop? I am just settling down at the moment and planning to start within a months time. Love your blue rams and pearl weed. I had a pair of Bolivian rams. In the beginning they were a happy couple, but then after 2 weeks due to some strange reason, the male started chasing his mate and killed her!!

Glaziers can make a tank whatever size you like and are generally a lot cheaper than buying the fancy tank and stand units.

Chatted with some guy in Animates Palmy, eh? Eheim filters and plants - that was probably our Phoenix44 :wink:

Hi and welcome to the Fishroom.

They seem to have quite a lot of stuff esp Eheim filters and plants.

Chatted with some guy in Animates Palmy, eh? Eheim filters and plants - that was probably our Phoenix44 :wink:

Sounds like our P44 :roll:

Welcome to the Fishroom!

Was definitely not me; if it were, witchdoktor here would be saying how he bought an eheim filter and heaps of plants; a t5HO light and a tank! :lol:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.