Everything posted by melrick1
-
My new arrival Mr eel
Its not the size its how you use it haha :sage:
-
My new arrival Mr eel
That is one cool eel Had people over and we did the quatic show of the fish tank lol The girls were jumping out of their chairs and the guys were amazed.
-
babies!
So Sunday night we had a honey gourmi spawn and this morning we have a mini swarm of super small babies chilling in their floating tank, very cool. Got them off my friend and he would just feed them powder food from hatching so was going to give it a go. Anything else I can do? I don’t have time for bbs. Will try and get some pictures tonight :happy2:
-
Oscars
I have had oscars before but never in a tank that was appropriate. Now that I have my bigger tank I have some more and they are doing very well and still my FAV fish every. I am feeding them masivor pellets and (bloodworm every third day) and if I find crickets and worms in the garden. Other than ensuring I keep the water in good condition, what is some advice fellow oscar keepers can advise?
-
My new arrival Mr eel
I got my new fire eel yesterday. He is 35cm long and a monster. Unfortunately he is only eating blood worms atm, will try and train eating shrimp. He is in with my Oscars so this could be a tricky process lol. Will add a photo as soon as I can so you guys can see him, he is very well coloured! Lives with my other fire eel and two other zebra eels and they all get along well and a buddy up in their caves together.
-
My Pond Over the Years
Amazing pond, something for me to strive for when I have my own home!
-
BUcktooth tetra...can we get this in nz?
- BUcktooth tetra...can we get this in nz?
They sound real cool, but I will stick to the oscars for now, they may be big bullies, but their really big softies haha- Freese dried blood worm?
Trust me I have tried feeding them prawn with no success and pellets are ignored. Iv even only given them that option for a week and they got skinney and slow. I have had a little bit of success with prawn so will try again I think. Thanks for the link, very good.- Gourami
I have a breeding froup of five - 3x females and 2x males. They are is a standard 2 foot tank, lots of plants floating on the top, well fed and I generally scoop 20x eggs/fry out each week (not going hard out on it but will get a more efficient set up going at some stage. But they dont even make bubble nests or anything, just lay in the plants.- Freese dried blood worm?
Has any one had much success with this? Was just wondering if it would be more echonomical for feeding the ever growing eel population in my tank in cantrast to frozen? I assume it will float?... So that may reduce the need for it. Just curriouse :-)- Strange mark on my GBA??
Becomming more and more common- My new eels
I have a lovely fire eel (around 25cm in length) and two bared eels (maybe 10-15cm in length). They are happily living together with no issues and sharing their blood worm well. Just wondering what else people on here feed their eels? I know some people get them on pellets but that is a long shot... Do they appriciate shrimp pelets or any of the other tucker available? Just wondering as I am all about a varied diet for my fish but just not too sure what else they are keen on. Will load some pictures when I have the tank moved back into my house :-)- Back with Bristlenoses (GBA)
Ok so yesterday I had a glimps of a wee wriggler who was exploring out of the cave to the delight of the other fish (he was protected by the very good daddy) So I have a small filter, heater and air pump set up and moved the cave with babies and daddy over to their new home this morning). Will hopefully see some little fellas coming out for an explore within the next few days.- Back with Bristlenoses (GBA)
So I bought a trio of GBA's last week (1 male and 2 females). Set them up in the community tank and have noticed that daddy is on a nice big (clutch??..) of eggs. I have bred these guys on many occasions in the past but they still make me happy lol. I am going to transfer dad and eggs over to a small 40L tank with (filter, air pump and heater) where they will hatch out and live out their child-hood - where they will then be re-homed or moved to the big tank. I will take some pics of the progress, so I can share how awsum these little guys are :-)- Tell me a wee bit about yourself
Location: Hamilton Name: Mark Age: 22 Occupation: Network Operations and volunteer ambulance officer Sex: Male Book: History books (WW2, Ancient Rome, Greece, Egypt and the Medieval world). Car: Ford Laser Hobbys: Fish Keeping, computer gaming. Family: 2 parents, 1 sister and 1 son. Favourite food: There is just no way I can answer that...- Trainee zookeeper job at ak zoo
Foot in the door tho, they dont need to pay much as everyone wants a job like that. More of a lifestyle choice- when doing a good deed bit you in the but
Some real losers out there, but some great people like diver21! Great that you have taken them on and looking out for the little lives. There are more losers out there than heroes but it only takes one light to lighten the room :sage:- Single Parents
Well I'v been a solo dad since the start of the year and have a 50/50 arangement with my sons mummy. Fairly good terms and everything. Was just wondering if anyone has been in the same situation adn how they did things? My biy is three and at the hard out question and convo stage. How have people introduced new partners exc to them, and with christmas exc how have they coped?- Word Association
- One word story game
- Anti asain group
I understand where you are coming from (and to be clear I don’t agree with anything that nut job has to say), the only way he got on TV was because of the interest/irritation it would cause = more viewers. But I do believe that freedom of speech is extremely important and that limitations are a very dangerous way to go... As soon as this happens it will get built upon and built upon - and who decides what people can and can’t say??? This has happened far too many times in history and many people have fought long and hard to keep such freedoms. You do get morons who talk crap, and if what they say is damaging or threatening, then yes something should be done...- Pandora bracelets
Look on TM, you often get them on there, Im an expert buyer lol- One word story game
- River Monsters, TV1 today @ 5pm. Goliath Tiger Fish.
That show is so sweet! I can event make the flat mates watching it lol -- "see fish are cool" :thup: - BUcktooth tetra...can we get this in nz?