My new eels

melrick1

I have a lovely fire eel (around 25cm in length) and two bared eels (maybe 10-15cm in length). They are happily living together with no issues and sharing their blood worm well.

Just wondering what else people on here feed their eels? I know some people get them on pellets but that is a long shot... Do they appriciate shrimp pelets or any of the other tucker available? Just wondering as I am all about a varied diet for my fish but just not too sure what else they are keen on.

Will load some pictures when I have the tank moved back into my house :-)

i had a fire eel eating hikari sticks, massivore and ate plenty.

but that was very very rare in my experience, but according to HFF roskill, they trained it before i purchased it (my sole reason for purchase was cos of its pellet eating habits:))

anyways, he started it on shrimp first, then put the pellets or a small piece in shrimp, slowly reduced shrimp size and increased pellet size,then eventually just soaked pellets with shri8mp juice and ate pellets, and eventually just eating pellets straight up

the growth form pellets is quick, and good, they get VERY thick on massivore.

but in say ing that, though i am a MASSIVE advocate for massivore and believe it is the supreme food of the gods - i did not get as fast a growth as i thought i would compared to other fish i had fed on massivore from when i fed my old eels prawn.

next time i would jsut feed prawn i reckon.

to be honest, save time, and just feed RAW PRAWN NO SHELL, just the cheap raw small tiny shrimp, cut them up into cubes or strips, and feed.... they grow fast on that.

NEVER FEED COOKED SEAFOOD.

as for getting another, as far as i know, the more the merrier, if you only have 2, some say you MAY get problems, i never found out if its true.