Anti asain group

Squirt

Today on close uP I watched a guy talk about anti asain groups. He said we(I'm asain) are taking away people's rights?how??? We are making new laws? Does it matter. Isnt the governor of NZ asain(Indian) correct me if I'm wrong. What's wrong with sauna immigrating into NZ? If I remember correctly from geography last year asains make up about 20% of NZ population. How much do Europeans make up? 50%? I'm not trying to offend people. I'm 15 and the 3rd generation of my family lines in NZ and this racist is really starting a fight he can't finish. I mean if he says he'll kill people(I think he said that) to protect his family how are asains threatening his family? All goes worse and there will be a war with Asia and NZ if it continues. If like to hear some opinions from people. Thanks

for me i have no issue at all with any race immigrating here that would like to be part of our country, i am particularly interested in others cultures & how they operate.

the people that come here & don't assimilate or spend their time moaning that we are doing it all wrong & need to change I would like to see head home.

Haha I know the kind of store you're talking about. But this guy...this guy if I saw a bunch of anti asain protestors walking down the street I'd start a fight...

So people are walking down the street protesting.. (which they have the right to do) and you wanna start a fight?

To me that makes you worse than they are.

Yes. I agree. But these rascist are really pushing my buttons. It's like if I started to protest against black people and say not let them immigrate(which I won't because I'm not a racist) into NZ because there's to many you don't think no one would start a fight?

Have a read through this - http://www.fnzas.org.nz/fishroom/ucp.php?mode=terms

Either which way, don't let it bother you and you will come out on top. If you allow it to bother you; it means you care enough about those people to take the time out for them. Best thing you can do it ignore them. If everyone ignored them they would have no reason to want to be the center of attention.

Thanks had a read and sorry bout the post

I guess i should ignore it but it feels like it's almost personal in a way. I guess I can't go against my beliefs that's racism is wrong and putting them on tv is giving them more attention but it is bringing people's awareness up :-?

Either which way, don't let it bother you and you will come out on top. If you allow it to bother you; it means you care enough about those people to take the time out for them. Best thing you can do it ignore them. If everyone ignored them they would have no reason to want to be the center of attention.

+1

I know these people pushes your buttons but there will always be idiots out there pushing other peoples buttons... seems to be part of life. As P44 said the trick is to ignore them and hope they will go away.

I think they are entitled to have their say...

I doubt it will go much further though, most of them seem unable to see the point past their own noses. ( in this case the positives of immigration into NZ ). Bear in mind though that some of them have valid points that have nothing to do with race and it is a shame,unfair,unfortunate ect that you feel singled out.

Just ignore it, it will go away for a while.

Part of a quote in another post.

".....Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” Martin Luther King Jr.

There are people out there who hate...get used to it. This person has been the leader of a number of different hate clubs in the past and this is just his latest one.

or as Evelyn Beatrice Hall said; "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it,"....

I have nothing against immigration or different cultures, but as Smidey said I do believe we need to be cautious about a lack of assimilation as larger communities of immigrants establish themselves in NZ. Its no secret that people like to be around people of similar ethnicity and culture (white people and maori are no different), but the way some communities of immigrants are developing does [mildly] concern me. The Chinese woman who used to do the accounts at my old work had lived here for over ten years but could still hardly speak english, and shopped at the chinese grocer, read the chinese newspaper, watched chinese TV, took her car to the chinese mechanic, hung out with her chinese friends etc.

I can see how some extremists could feel our "culture" is under threat, but IMO we ("New Zealanders") don't have a culture so I view it as just another evolutionary shift in the make up of the population of this country.

I have no idea what can/could be done to encourage more active assimilation, if anything should be at all, and I'm certainly not suggesting all immigrants should ditch their culture and become beer-drinking rugby-watching kiwi farmers......