Gourami

Sheepsnana

Good Morning Everyone!

I have four golden honey dwarf gourami. One has a large black colouring on his bottom (Ventral?) fin.

None of them have started a bubble nest yet.

Has anyone had any luck with breeding golden honeys? I read somewhere that they require a maximum of 8 inches (water depth) before spawning... This sounded odd, and I havn't found the reference again since. :facepalm:

I'm not as desperate for these to breed as I was with my Bristlenose, but I would like to know if it's a possibility for these awesome playful fish.

Thanks!

2 foot tank on their own would be a go-er... few dry alder leaves to get the water a rich tannin colour (you'll see the fish colour up too), few small sticks for cover (and to hold leaves down) bit of java moss on the surface, few small water changes to cycle, then leave them for bout 2 weeks, do a big change and you'll have them breeding in no time.

I have a breeding froup of five - 3x females and 2x males. They are is a standard 2 foot tank, lots of plants floating on the top, well fed and I generally scoop 20x eggs/fry out each week (not going hard out on it but will get a more efficient set up going at some stage. But they dont even make bubble nests or anything, just lay in the plants.