Everything posted by Rockerpeller
-
4 ft planted setup
With that regulator (provided you can get it cranking again), all you would need is perhaps a better needle-valve (that one was a freebie from an old job), a bubble counter with a diffuser, and a solenoid to kill the Co2 when the lights are off. I just turned the flow off when I turned the lights off. Although going all out and using a BOC bottle and a regulator/solenoid combo would be my personal pick. I only used that reg as I was short on money at the time.
-
4 ft planted setup
Hey mate. The tank is looking good so far. Especially the lights! If you need a hand setting up a Co2 system let me know. I can drop you a few pointers for when I had it running before.
-
Last Music CD you bought
Same here.
-
ripped off & only myself to blame
This is the reason why i fix my own cars. I was lucky enough to have a few awesome mechanics to look up to though, but other then them, I am self taught. Like the saying always goes (I hate it but its so true) "Its not what you know, its who you know..."
-
Thick green slime
plants should be able to withstand a few days without light.
-
UPS
There are "DIY emergency back-up power supply" plans on the net. They use a deep cycle battery, power inverter, relay, and battery charger. And yes they do automatically switch over from AC to DC when the power gets cut-off. Hell of alot cheaper then a UPS, and you get the same pros. just remember to use a true sine wave inverter
-
Fish Pedicures
just don't try it in your own tank. i don't think your fish would like it very much... :lol:
- SAND CLEANER
-
Has anyone used AquaOne external CF1250
The jebo is fairly easy to clean, but seeing as it is the only cannister filter I've ever had I don't have a comparison. And they are definitely quiet. Had it in a stand and free-standing to the side of a tank-stand and I couldn't hear it running. Great filter if you ask me.
-
Thinking about setting up a nano
Good site. I used that for alot of my information when setting up my nano. they also have a fish tank compatibility list somewhere that'll let you know how many of each type you can have as per the literage/gallons your tank holds.
-
Pump size for an 8 foot tank
My personal opinion would be to go for a quality pump when it comes to a critical component such as a return pump. What is the LPH on an Eheim 1262?
-
The Iraqi rugby player
:lol: haven't had a laugh like that in ages! see i told everyone rewa was worse then otara...
-
With power prices increasing .....
only $200... roughly $20 to run my nano reef tank which is surprising considering its on MH lighting... expect that $20 to triple with the upgrade soon...
-
Custom Made Tank Stand Needed
from memory, i think swampy stopped making tank stands as he didn't have the time anymore. I may be wrong but just giving you a heads up. Awesome stand builder though.
-
Power savings from insulating back and sides + temp data
maybe find someone with an old chrisco frozen food hamper polystyrene box to put the filter in.make holes for the hoses, and power cord and your away. as stated before, the initial cost (if you have to buy one) will be far outweighed by the savings. even if it doesn't work, think of thomas edisons reply about his failed lightbulbs
-
I hate Sony Ericsson Phones!!
Oh wow... Thats actually cheap compared 2 when I got mine.
-
I hate Sony Ericsson Phones!!
oh come on... Go N95... You know you want 2... Lol Just don't get the 8gig model. As nice as it is, it doesn't have a memory slot, which the 3gig does. And the memory cards are up 2 8gig now...
-
McD's vs BK vs KFC
Will definitly 2nd you on that 1. Ford Freakout burgers rock, n they usually have good taste in music. Although thunderburgers from mission bay are ALOT bigger n more bang for your buck. BK will follow that with the XL Triplestack with mayo. Lol
-
Seahorse with whitespot??
to upload a photo, go to imageshack, photobucket, or similar photosharing site. Upload the photo there, then copy and paste the link up here. Oh and don't forget 2 resize the images. Also try seahorsemad. I'm sure she can help you.
-
got some new toys
wow those resuns are bigger then expected...
-
Pitbull Ban lifted in the Netherlands.
I fully agree with temperament testing! They should have tighter laws in place rather then "trying" to cull the entire breed. Doing such would just shift the problem onto a different breed when the APBT, etc would cease to exist here. Also are they trying to put a total ban on "terrier" type dogs? I'm sure I read that somewhere recently after the attacks in the last couple of weeks. Although I know they mean well, but its just going to push the breeders further underground. Rather then fully banning them, they really should be lifting the current ban and doing the tests and training the owners. Would hate to lose my dogs because of a mis-informed decision.
-
Pitbull Ban lifted in the Netherlands.
Finally some progress... Its exactly what pitbull owners having been saying since the BSL act was put into effect! I'm hoping New Zealand follows suite. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,364641,00.html
-
Anyone know how to stop a dog from jumping a 6ft high fence
:lol: all fine n dandy until they wanna go off in different directions... :lol:
-
DJ?
if only you were in akl... I'm sure i could've organised 1. will ask around to see if any of them know any hamilton djs for you
-
Anyone know how to stop a dog from jumping a 6ft high fence
yea i was only joking. lol i have 2 pitbulls and i know what they are like with harnesses... walking 1 at a time is ok, but when you have them both, you're better off wearing rollerblades :roll: