McD's vs BK vs KFC

Heir

I have taken the liberty of purchasing a chicken burger from KFC, BK and McD's all within 15 minutes of each other for tonight's dinner in order to do a mystery shopping comparison. From McD's I have their new Seared Chicken Delux, from BK I have some kind of seared burger and from KFC I got their works burger.

First the 3 stores were judged on their first impressions, including, staff presentation, cleanliness of building etc. Marks out of 10.

BK - Nice clean store, staff were well groomed and the building was nice and tidy. 8/10

McD's - Busy, but nice and clean - up to McDonald's usual standards. Staff we all wearing clean uniforms. 8.5/10

KFC - Drive through has huge pot holes, behind the building looks like a dark alley where you might get mugged in a movie. Staff were ok. 6.5/10

Secondly the 3 stores were judged by the staff's level of service. Marks out of 10.

BK - Girl had manners, however, window was slammed shut between paying for and receiving the meal. Was a short wait, but an apology was made for this. 8/10

McD's - Girl was abrupt and not polite. Wait was short. 5/10

KFC - Girl was friendly, direct. 8/10

Thirdly the stores were judged on their burgers. Marks out of 10.

BK - Burger nice and plump and well presented, Chicken was more processed than the rest of the burgers, lettuce wasn't too bad. A little sloppy but sauce was good. Good general flavour. 8.5/10

McD's - Burger was flat, good salad selection with a decent amount of tomato, red cabbage, mesclin and carrot, but sadly the burger was so poorly made all this had fallen out. Sauce did not taste so great. Worst presentation. 5/10

KFC - Small burger but well presented. Lettuce was ok, a little wilted, had pineapple. Chicken was the tastiest, crispy, nice and thick. Sauce was good. 7/10

So, Overall BK definitely IS the Burger King despite the forgettable name of the actual burger, and they now also serve breakfasts, which are surprisingly good. KFC comes a close second with decent chicken, beating out McD's who's burger quality and rude service let them down. Stay tuned as next time I mystery shop produce stores and their parsnips.

:lol: :lol: That was a great read, are you bored tonight, hence the trial :D And ummm how did you fit all of those burgers in? :D :lol:

I think it all depends on location of each Takeaway joint... on who is better than others.... I have had a great burger from BK here in Napier, but sailed over to Hastings one time and got same burger there and BLEH :-? :lol: Same goes with the other opposition.. some places better than others 8)

:lol: :lol: That was a great read, are you bored tonight, hence the trial :D And ummm how did you fit all of those burgers in? :D :lol:

I think it all depends on location of each Takeaway joint... on who is better than others.... I have had a great burger from BK here in Napier, but sailed over to Hastings one time and got same burger there and BLEH :-? :lol: Same goes with the other opposition.. some places better than others 8)

yeah i'd agree with you. As i've had similar experiences with burger joints and their inconsistencies, haha it was just for fun lol

Went to Westgate Mc D's tonight ,ordered two Big mac combo,s got home and saw we had MINI Mac,s .. usual crap on phone from them afterwards will avoid in the future! Should have gone to Burger Fuel THEY ARE THE BEST Staff, Taste , shop, everything!

We just got a Burger Fuel shop in Napier.... ooooo we gonna try it out one day now :D

You always hungry ants :lol: :lol:

Oh and has anyone tried the Noodle Canteen, that is a newbie here too

Our BF is being built now.

Had NC the other day and we didnt like it at all. The dog did though.

Burger Fuel is the best burger shop around, it's basically the same as Burger Wisconsin, nice BIG burgers that taste great. I'm hungry now

Will definitly 2nd you on that 1. Ford Freakout burgers rock, n they usually have good taste in music. Although thunderburgers from mission bay are ALOT bigger n more bang for your buck. BK will follow that with the XL Triplestack with mayo. Lol

We just got a Burger Fuel shop in Napier.... ooooo we gonna try it out one day now :D

You always hungry ants :lol: :lol:

Oh and has anyone tried the Noodle Canteen, that is a newbie here too

Noodle Canteen is yum :D the satay chicken one is soooooo good.

BF scrumptious!!

I love the bastard and the 1/3 pounder with cheese (basically a massive cheeseburger... drools) i had one on friday night for dinner... damn nice.

i really want one now...

I don't like BF. everything about them is AIOLI this and AIOLI that... and I don't like wendy's either hence why they were left off the list!

We had a Red Rooster in Tauranga... closed down a month or two ago, only lasted a year!

I don't like BF. everything about them is AIOLI this and AIOLI that... and I don't like wendy's either hence why they were left off the list!

We had a Red Rooster in Tauranga... closed down a month or two ago, only lasted a year!

you can ask for no aioli yknow ;)

theres oportos? is that in tauranga? thats not bad