Relationships + fish = what....

camtang

:thup:

it's a two way street. if you spend all of your time with the fish and ignored her then she's right but if that's the way you preferrred it then that's how you've got it.

a long time ago i found life a lot more relaxing when you don't get wound up over things you can't control and accept people for who they are so i don't mind what hobbies my mrs has as long as it doesn't clash with my golf, fire brigade commitments, hunting, fish keeping, going to the pub, twilight cricket & car club stuff :nilly:

I find life a lot more relaxing without a moaning broad by my side :happy1:

But you do make a good point.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find life a lot more relaxing without a moaning broad by my side :happy1:

can't be much fun having one of those. i was very lucky to secure an accepting lady so not too much moaning comes my way although i do respect what she needs as well so there are often compromises made that make life more pleasant. It's not all about me and i don't get a lot of free time once sleep, work and family time is deducted from the 24hours in each day but it can always be worse. I choose to keep my wife and family so put the effort in, i guess if they weren't important i would do more of what i wanted and loose them.

"Ducktape is like the FORCE. It has a light side, and a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

This is an easy way to sum up my wife. She has her moments where everything goes together perfectly, we agree and everything is great. She also has her moments where we disagree, and she points out ALL of the problems with my plan.

She holds my universe together. I need the positives to keep me motivated, the negatives to remind me of things I need to fix, and a jandal every now and again so she can vent her frustration :slfg:

My fish have become a very large part of my life (our household is getting its 3rd tank set up), but my wife comes first.

"Ducktape is like the FORCE. It has a light side, and a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

This is an easy way to sum up my wife. She has her moments where everything goes together perfectly, we agree and everything is great. She also has her moments where we disagree, and she points out ALL of the problems with my plan.

she must be a great help when setting up a new tank, I tend get too focused on my plans without looking at negatives, takes a bit to tell myself to back off for a moment. my missus just ignores my hobby until it comes to money (she sat up the other day and said " when did you buy fish for your tank?", she had finally noticed the favinogobius (cheeky lil sod) I have in my NZ marine tank (free) after 2 months of having them :roll:

she must be a great help when setting up a new tank, I tend get too focused on my plans without looking at negatives, takes a bit to tell myself to back off for a moment. my missus just ignores my hobby until it comes to money (she sat up the other day and said " when did you buy fish for your tank?", she had finally noticed the favinogobius (cheeky lil sod) I have in my NZ marine tank (free) after 2 months of having them :roll:

Im just not looking foward to when my partner notices all the extra feedback on our trademe account thats 90% for fish-related stuff lol.

Im just not looking foward to when my partner notices all the extra feedback on our trademe account thats 90% for fish-related stuff lol.

Well I can tell you that on my husbands trade me account feedback there is only one thing of his and several hundred of mine. :sml1:

When I stripped down my display tank I think my Lady was more devastated than I was!

She has always been supportive of my hobby(ies)... though can get vocal when I leave "stuff" (clever substitution :wink: ) lying all over the floor, and often may read me my geneology that I never knew... - She doesn't understand the "man-work-space"... :slfg:

Its all a balancing act i use to have ridiculos amounts of tanks that took up too much of my time.But she has always come first and always will its very cold on my couch haha

balancing a house is the same as balancing a community tank, well thinki9ng of it that way made it easier for me