Relationships + fish = what....

camtang

I was just wondering how many people out there have had a relationship dissolve because of your so called "fish problem"? :rotf:

My Mrs recently confronted me saying that I spent to much time playing with my fish, and didnt spend enough time with her. and if I didnt change she would move out.:facepalm:

Turns out I like my fish more then her, cause i havnt seen her for the last 3 weeks :slfg: :slfg: :slfg:

Has anything happened similar to anyone else?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't handle having a wife/gf who was anti-fish. I had a 5x2x2' in my bedroom with a noisy sump when I first met my wife, she soon got used to the noise and learned to like the fish (had a black aro and big fire eel, first comment was something like "holy smoke, what the hell is that?!"). I told her I'd been keeping fish long before we met and if she tried to make me choose she would lose out. 12 years later she's nearly as keen as I am on having an 1800L tank as a feature in the lounge of our next house....

Yesterday, my partner got back from her parents, after a fornight recovering from knee surgery. She stayed with them, as our yard is undergoing renovation and we have limited access.

I purchased some plants on trademe about 20 minutes after she arrived back, and was telling her about them .

Her : "You're more excited about the #%$@#$ plants than you are that I'm back ! I hate those %$#%#$ fishes !

Me : "Fish dear, Fish."

Couch was comfy last night....

Yesterday, my partner got back from her parents, after a fornight recovering from knee surgery. She stayed with them, as our yard is undergoing renovation and we have limited access.

I purchased some plants on trademe about 20 minutes after she arrived back, and was telling her about them .

Her : "You're more excited about the #%$@#$ plants than you are that I'm back ! I hate those %$#%#$ fishes !

Me : "Fish dear, Fish."

Couch was comfy last night....

:rotf: :thup:

My boyfriend knows I have a problem. But he has his RC planes and helis and guns, so we leave each other to it lol. He secretly loves my fish

I admit I have a problem too.. I dream about fish haha

Haha same here :P Although I think I have even more of a problem :oops:

For me it is an obsession, not a hobby - it is almost all that I think about, and the only thing limiting me from getting more tanks and fish is money and room.

If something happened to my tanks and fish I would probably commit suicide :o Not kidding either.

Haha same here :P Although I think I have even more of a problem :oops:

For me it is an obsession, not a hobby - it is almost all that I think about, and the only thing limiting me from getting more tanks and fish is money and room.

If something happened to my tanks and fish I would probably commit suicide :o Not kidding either.

Same here :thup: , its all i talk, sleep, think, breathe about lol! But i don't actually have any friends that are into fish.. quite sad. So most people think i'm weird because of my obsession....

Also i'm addicted to this forum if you didn't know already :sml1:

Eh.My fiance hates how much time i spend mucking round wiht my tanks but when i have a nice display she likes it so its good and if i make money out of fish she then really likes my fish :slfg:

does she claim she liked them the entire time to get a cut of your pie?

Same here :thup: , its all i talk, sleep, think, breathe about lol! But i don't actually have any friends that are into fish.. quite sad. So most people think i'm weird because of my obsession....

Also i'm addicted to this forum if you didn't know already :sml1:

Yep you're exactly like me :lol: In fact I don't even have any proper friends that I can "connect" with if you know what I mean. My friends at school think I'm a bit weird and I never talk about my fish with them because they don't really care much about them. I just stand there at break, eating or thinking about random stuff, while they play games on their iPods or bounce balls to each other. Probably about the only people that I can have a decent conversation with are a couple of people that I've been talking to on Flickr about photography (my other obsession haha).

can't live with them

can't live without them

fish that is :slfg:

:thup:

it's a two way street. if you spend all of your time with the fish and ignored her then she's right but if that's the way you preferrred it then that's how you've got it.

a long time ago i found life a lot more relaxing when you don't get wound up over things you can't control and accept people for who they are so i don't mind what hobbies my mrs has as long as it doesn't clash with my golf, fire brigade commitments, hunting, fish keeping, going to the pub, twilight cricket & car club stuff :nilly: