SamH

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10kgs? wow thats a breeze :sage:

I had to do 175kgs!!!!!!!!!!!! :an!gry NOT FUN, i did it in an old cast iron bath with a high pressure hose from our cow shed :sml2:

The finer it is the harder it is to clean, silica sand isn't so bad but black satin is a mission (its very very fine)

Made myself a bowl of lovely creamy porridge (used water not milk) this morning and fed my fish a whole lot of daphnia which they really enjoyed, then went to college, came home and put on an old polerfleece and t-shirt and went to Art Class (which goes for two hours) and then stopped off at the dairy with mum and got some hot chips. Bagged up a plant for Phoenix44 when I got home, had a shower, then I had to help mum catch some smelly pigeons for a pigeon race because dad works in Nelson during the week so mum and I have to care for them, and then I had dinner :)

Now waiting for Doctor Who at 8:30 on Prime :bounce:

Well it's pretty obvious; I stated it in my post above 8)

came home and put on an old polerfleece and t-shirt and went to Art Class (which goes for two hours) and then stopped off at the dairy with mum and got some hot chips.

Also had some cucumber with it and a glass of hot water :)

I wish it was sunny today because I was hoping to start making my mineralized topsoil. It is currently soaking in a bucket of water and I need to put it on a tarp and dry it out, then soak it again and repeat that process 6-8 times :o When the soil is wet and is exposed to the air when it is drying out all the microbes in it start eating away and converting some of the soil into minerals or something like that.

I don't really know what I'm going to do today now. Our school has "mid term break" so I don't have school today, and Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday next week :P

So I went to the hairdresser prepared to get a pixie cut and she persuaded me to have a concave bob (aka Posh Spice style short at the back, longer in the front, but not so long in the front). Doesn't feel short enough to me but it looks good so I will let it be for a while. :thup:

pixie cuts rock :) I went short last year and it is SO convenient! Can't quite do what I want as my hair is super thick, but have learned to cut it myself with a razor comb, which I am really enjoying (though knowing when to STOP FAFFING is a problem).

Today I accomplished the vacuming and got a whole heap of stream inverts for the new native aquarium at Te Manawa. nom nom nom!

Yes I have always liked short-short, I have only ever grown my hair out twice and both times gave up at shoulder length. The only thing I notice now is the back of my neck is cold. I expected to feel sorry when she started cutting but I wasn't at all. As the front length is still down to my chin I don't consider it short-short but it certainly looks short at the back - I even got buzzed with the clippers.

Tomorrow I will vacuum up the various long hairs that have hidden themselves around the house and then all evidence will be gone :D

Just spotted this thread. I'm looking forward to the ferts from P44. Thanks in advance! I hope you didn't drink them as 'the next bottle' that evening.

Took the youngest to swimming this morning then had a little nap then off to see Rio at St Lukes. Afterwards came home and fed the fish and studied the big tank and checked on the sump that needed re-sealing. Stoked that it only took 1/2 a tube of silicone for a 3 foot tank compared to the 3.5 tubes for the bigger one. I did a lot cleaner job this time too.

Just watched the Claxons on U channel. What a crap sound mix - clipped and gated like crazy and bad singers. Now watching something about cooking for a band - this week the band is Yacht which is cool.