The What's Up? thread.

SamH

Toughen up mate, there is around 270,000 kids living in poverty in New Zealand (expert advisory group on solutions to child poverty http://www.occ.org.nz/), but they dont get cute posters to make people sad or feel sorry for them. We need to worry about our people in this country before we worry any more about animals.

They got a TV ad.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shouldn't this chatter about poverty go into the solving the worlds problems thread? :digH:

So apparently Apple are releasing an iPad mini...Isn't that called an iPhone. ?!?!?!

Problem is... while apple fanboys keep buying this stuff they will keep creating it :facepalm:

Shouldn't this chatter about poverty go into the solving the worlds problems thread? :digH:

Yeah use the right thread guys! :facepalm:

What's up with me you ask? Well, I just found my two wavemakers and inline CO2 diffuser sitting at the front door 8)

So apparently Apple are releasing an iPad mini...Isn't that called an iPhone. ?!?!?!

Problem is... while apple fanboys keep buying this stuff they will keep creating it :facepalm:

It's called an iPod touch :)

Trying to decide if I should go buy 10 rummynose tetras or some panda corys, sick of looking at the neons by themselves.

Rummy noses are very cool and are always there in your face whereas cories can disappear or just sit around.

Go rummy :thup:

It's called an iPod touch :)

They're fitting a niche market, with a product bigger than an iPod touch yet smaller than an iPad. Yet more functional than an iPod touch, with a slightly higher price tag. Compare it to other non apple tablets on the market as well. You also get features from Apple.

My father has a touch screen TV, it's the stupidest idea ever, grubby hand prints everywhere, what a waste of money.

Windows 8 is a joke, I played around with the beta of it for awhile and it is easily just as bad as vista if not worse, horrible support for most devices, crap looking interface and unstable to boot. If anyone is thinking of going out and buying it my advice is don't, stick with XP or 7, at least until more developers start writing decent software for them and making sure there is no driver issues.

I have just made two booze soaked (I'm not eating them) Christmas cakes. They need to cook for 4 hours so I am off for a swim and lunch with friends.

The builders are ripping off our old, munted, guttering and replacing all. Almost finished the garage extension too.

My father has a touch screen TV, it's the stupidest idea ever, grubby hand prints everywhere, what a waste of money.

Windows 8 is a joke, I played around with the beta of it for awhile and it is easily just as bad as vista if not worse, horrible support for most devices, crap looking interface and unstable to boot. If anyone is thinking of going out and buying it my advice is don't, stick with XP or 7, at least until more developers start writing decent software for them and making sure there is no driver issues.

Generally speaking.... every second release of Windows is good... so Windows 9 should be the next good one :)

Well, swum about 20 laps, had a nice lunch and the cakes are out of the oven.

If I look out my window I see a young, stripped down to T shirt and shorts, apprentice painting the fascia ready for the new guttering. It is a lovely day here and 21 degrees. Perhaps my goldfish will actually spawn this year!

Well that's what I thought about the tvs too so assumed that the remotes were touch instead of buttons. No-one gets up to change the channel anymore anyway :-?

New software is always buggy when it's first released. But I'm happy with win 7 anyway so am sticking with it.