The What's Up? thread.

SamH

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do you really want me to explain every word I have moderated? :yaw2: I don't think you do but here you go:

Given that I can't remember every word I have moderated, I will explain that moderation is always about context. It's not always the word by itself, but it's the way it's used and whether it is being used to insult or disrespect. The tone of my comment to Caryl was not intended to be either. There was also a time maybe a year or more ago where the moderating of low level offensive words sparked a behind the scenes discussion about what words we should and shouldn't remove. I suspect it was during that discussion that we decided not to moderate that word.

If I'm wrong then I'm wrong and someone can correct me. I'm not going to apologise for being human.

For the record - I was having a laugh. I didn't expect you to explain anything. I've been told off enough to know how it works now :) I've still got fond memories of some of my better outbursts.

I just put a Thai green curry into my slow cooker for tomorrow night. I gave it a quick taste test and it rocked my socks off with heat :love: I thought then that maybe I should look at the instructions on the paste's can. It said add 50g, Iused half of the packet oppps :facepalm:

I am so looking forward to dinner tomorrow night

yikes

I haven't forgotten the day I whacked the ball into one girl's heel or achilles tendon and she went down face first.

surprisingly she played the rest of the match

those were the days that hockey was played on grass, real grass I tell you

Grant saw the orthopaedic surgeon today. He said all was good and no surgery required but he may have ongoing pain and problems with the wrist due to the breaks plus the damage already done by his rheumatoid arthritis. :-?

He has a lovely new cast on. I picked black so it matched his work gear :bggrn:

Also, it won't show up the dirt so much. It is a fibreglass job so lighter than the plaster cast.

He is a mass of bruising from his fingers to just past his elbow!