The What's Up? thread.

SamH

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was back at work for the first time in 13 years last week and now I am sick :facepalm: happens when you work in a kindercare :wink:

atleast its long weekend and I should be good again by Tuesday :happy2: Nice day to all, I am trying to do some washing, we have sun after all :o

Naultinus

curry is awesome

especially on a cold day

it comes back to haunt

Haha :lol: This one is very mild though so it should be ok. My parents didn't want it too hot.

And I use "Naultinus" as my user name on all other forums except this one, Fishkeepers and Apistogramma.com. I would love to keep some one day! There's a guy who lives here who has a permit and has heaps of enclosures. He's got rough geckos, jewelled geckos, Marlborough green geckos, Auckland green geckos, Wellington green geckos, Nelson Lakes stellatus, Sandy Bay stellatus and some skinks, a brown/green gecko hybrid and some forest geckos :)

:sml2:

write a haiku about my 4 new gold minnow fry!

Sophia has fry

They are very small and cute

They eat golden pearls

Do you actually feed them golden pearls? My trifasciata fry quite like them :P

I should really be giving them brine shrimp or something like that though. If only I had the room for all that stuff :(

Tank rescape today

Added a new piece of wood

Will post pics later

Probably tomorrow actually.

haha 2 haiku for me!

:happy2:

I like Joe's haiku

Not as much as noodles though

I ate some tonight

Since my fry exist in the top centimetre of the tank all I do is get a tiny bit on my finger and sprinkle it onto the surface. They appear to be eating it. The first fry are quite big for little fry now and are going for microworms too. The pity about those is that they sink to the bottom but the fry don't go down that far, at least not when I'm watching, so they don't get to pig out on them like the CPDs do. I've also given them powdered flake and daphnia and they appear to go for it.

You can tell the pearls are tasty to fish, everyone is interested in it, even the adults.

Noodles are ok

I do prefer haikus though

They are so much fun!

What sort of noodles did you have? I quite like rice noodles but mum doesn't bother buying them. I don't like those 2-minute noodles and stuff like that because they aren't really that healthy.

I've made proper pasta noodles from scratch before and they turned out really good!

We had Noodle Canteen Fried Kuai Teow which is made from the really wide rice noodles (I think they are part rice and part wheat), it has a bit of chilli and soya sauce, veges, bbq pork and shrimps. That's my favourite dish from there, I love those type of noodles. I let my husband have the shrimps. Today I made us eat with chopsticks so we couldn't shovel it down like piggies as we usually do.

For my lunch I often eat the Trident Vietnamese rice noodles, they are about $1 a packet and much more healthy than the 2 minute noodles.