SamH

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Caryl, my oldest will be 34 on Tuesday!

Ah, I believe you're only as old as you feel...and yup, somedays I feel pretty old :sage: :sml1: :sml1:

Just chillin' today (although did a load of laundry).

Went to the drive-in last night with daughter and grandson and saw two good movies. He's only 5 but managed to see all of the first one (Madagascar 3). His first drive-in movie, the big screen impressed him :P:P

Oh, tomorrow is Monday...ugh.

Take care,

Caper :P

I am babysitting my dad as he was stupid enough to go out to load the car with stuff when it was -4 and was then surprised to have a major angina attack :facepalm:

He has used his angina spray 2x and it is settling but I am here to make sure he survives the morning until mum gets home again. :roll:

We will sit in the sun together and read now I have read the forums 8)

god dam it i hate my camera.. :an!gry

The light is too low in your room so the shutter stays open longer to allow more light in and get a photo that isn't pitch black. Either increase the light, use the flash or keep the camera really still.

Just got my Green Neons and OH MY GOSH they are AMAZING!!!!!!!!! !drool: !drool: !drool: !drool: !drool: :happy2: :happy1:

They're about the size of a Celestial Pearl Danio or an Ember Tetra and are quite slender and have just a smidge of red on the lower caudal peduncle. The neon stripe is the most magnificent shade of green-blue. They are such a gorgeous little fish. IMO they're WAY nicer than Cardinals and normal Neons. Would be excellent for a nano aquarium.

The Reed Tetras are amazing too! Just a tiny bit bigger than the Green Neons and they are silver.

rsz1210612079.jpg

Full-sized image - http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/4796/210612079.jpg

There are 10 Green Neons. I wanted 30 but sadly John didn't have that amount of fish. But I'm going to breed them though so hopefully I'll end up with a few hundred :P

Also something super cool that I noticed with these fish is that the stripe can even be bronze when the light hits it in a certain way.

Haha yeah I suppose so. I'd love a marine tank but the only thing stopping me is the cost of the equipment. I am not a fan of getting cheap tacky stuff or taking shortcuts. I'd want everything to be perfect. But to cut down on the cost I'd only get corals and inverts and not bother with fish, or possibly get one or two small cheap ones. The price of marine fish is crazy, and because you can't breed a lot of them then you can't really get your money back. At least with corals they will always keep growing if you have good conditions and you can sell or trade them for more species.