August 8, 200917 yr comment_322248 this guy is at it again Listing #: 234930391 This is not a P82 it looks like a Fund. Gardneri aquarium strain P82's look similar to this as you can see this has a lot more blue This persons fish is gold Report
August 9, 200917 yr Author comment_322390 he dosnt know the full sientific name either Its honestly a pity as if he was to join the club and learn what he has, I would have no problems with him but to sell this fish and someone was to breed from it, the specie has the potential to be lost to the hobby by no longer being pure. He/she has banned me The fish that they are selling is a Fundulopanchax Gardneri aquarium strain hopefully but if they are calling it a P82, its possible/probable that it is already crossed Report
August 9, 200917 yr Author comment_322391 Should we all swarm him with Qs??? If you want, please do and also report the listing Thanks Report
August 10, 200917 yr Author comment_322469 its a great pity that TM hasnt done anything about this listing as it clouds a very good site. Makes me wonder if its worth the risk or buying through them and how many items are reported but nothing done Report
August 10, 200917 yr comment_322472 I have pointed out the error of their ways but had no reply. Report
August 10, 200917 yr comment_322499 someone should buy them and sell them as the right thing! :lol: Report
August 10, 200917 yr Author comment_322501 I tought of listing a true P82 but thats dirty pool and I have nothing against this person (or TM) but they need help in IDing their fish Thanks Alan Report
August 10, 200917 yr comment_322515 Maybe your only option Barrie Trade Me obviously aren't going to do anything about it :roll: :evil: Report
August 10, 200917 yr comment_322543 I have some P82's looking for a good home perhaps I will advertise them - How much should I put on them Barrie? Report
August 10, 200917 yr comment_322562 Done...TM auction # 235360631 If anyone wants anything changed please let me know - Oh! good going with all the questions on the other auction!! Report
August 10, 200917 yr Author comment_322580 yes Thanks all they hopefully will get the names right Report
August 10, 200917 yr comment_322584 He has answered my question and says it was purchased from Redwood Aquatics as a p82. I know Bob did import some and I saw them but he wouldn't sell them as they owed him too much and he wished to breed them. They didn't look like that when I saw them. Something doesn't add. Report
August 10, 200917 yr comment_322609 My advice to you out there, The Seller "Leave him alone" if you are not sure what he is selling. Report
August 10, 200917 yr comment_322630 Several people agree on it. The fish definitely does not look like a p82, and Barrie, and other killifish gurus know what they are talking about. My advice to you out there, The Seller "Leave him alone" if you are not sure what he is selling. Report
August 10, 200917 yr comment_322634 dixon, you are probably acusing the wrong person with that auction, better make sure you have the facts! Report
August 10, 200917 yr comment_322635 dixon, you are probably acusing the wrong person with that auction, better make sure you have the facts! i do , i have asked the people on finarama- the pterophyllum forum. They have informed me that all marble varieties are linebred and all wildtypes that have been discovered are striped strains Report
August 10, 200917 yr comment_322637 broms2 wrote: dixon, you are probably acusing the wrong person with that auction, better make sure you have the facts! i do , i have asked the people on finarama- the pterophyllum forum. They have informed me that all marble varieties are linebred and all wildtypes that have been discovered are striped strains why don't you believe him Dixon? I've read on his posts here (this site) that he has an importers license and I've seen his huge fishroom and he told me in person he has imported a lot of fish from the wild.. i have no reason to doubt him as he's been breeding and growing fish for a long time and is certainly no novice. Report
August 10, 200917 yr comment_322638 why don't you believe him Dixon? I've read on his posts here (this site) that he has an importers license and I've seen his huge fishroom and he told me in person he has imported a lot of fish from the wild.. i have no reason to doubt him as he's been breeding and growing fish for a long time and is certainly no novice. Its most likely a case of him being shipped something wrong and he doesnt want to believe he was sent the wrong thing. Also his auction is the only mention of 'wild' marble angelfish on the web. Report
August 10, 200917 yr comment_322641 i have done quite a lot of research on pterophyllum in their natural habitat and would like to see a report on finding and catching a strain of marble angels in the wild. not doubting anyones veracity but would be interested for a reference Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.