Everything posted by JazzyJeff
-
discus is very skinny- where can get some worming tabs-tga
Is the skinny one smaller than the others? You may find that the other two are bullying it - You may have more luck with it if you move it to another tank for a while.
-
Is this seeds or a flower?
Thanks for your reply guys - that link is very interesting... would explain why Afzelii is so hard to keep alive! (for me)
-
Is this seeds or a flower?
Bummer - so I won't be able to get baby afzeli's? Stink!
-
Is this seeds or a flower?
This is on an Anubius Afzeli plant Can someone tell me - Is this a seed pod or just a flower?
-
Aqua one tanks ? vs juwel
Condensation creates problems with the lighting in the Aquience tank. They also have quite a flimsy lid system.
-
The "Glued" Java Fern experiment (Pic heavy story)
No worries... I'm sure that you, like others were focused on my nail art and missed that detail.
-
The "Glued" Java Fern experiment (Pic heavy story)
Thanks! I am really stoked with how it turned out! The glue is a superglue but in gel form. There is a pic of the packaging.
-
The "Glued" Java Fern experiment (Pic heavy story)
hmmmm... yeah, but they lay every 2nd week and the discus eat the every time. So I don't think we will be seeing any young unless I move the angels into a tank for themselves.
-
The "Glued" Java Fern experiment (Pic heavy story)
So ... Six weeks down the track and no adverse results from the glue. Everything is going well except the poor Anubius barteri barteri has been hole punched by the clown loaches after the angels laid eggs on it! :an!gry
-
Coldwater Iwagumi
My vote goes to number 4 :thup:
-
Albino Longfin Bristlenose x Golden Longfin Bristlenose
Out of interest... Did the mating or egg laying exercise damage your female's finnage?
-
Hygrophila difformis - converting
Thanks - I will give that a go
-
Hygrophila difformis - converting
That was my approach - 4 weeks down the track - plant has melted - no conversion.
-
Hygrophila difformis - converting
Can anyone tell me how to convert Hygrophila difformis (water wisteria) from emmersed to submersed? I can't seem to find any that has been grown submersed.
-
The "Glued" Java Fern experiment (Pic heavy story)
The cloudiness has now cleared so for those of you that are interested - here is the finished product. View from one side View from the other.
-
The "Glued" Java Fern experiment (Pic heavy story)
um, it's a holographic foil on top a gel nail ... WAY OFF TOPIC! lol!
-
The "Glued" Java Fern experiment (Pic heavy story)
:happy1: Don't let the name fool you! When I signed up I used my 1st dogs name as mine was taken.
-
The "Glued" Java Fern experiment (Pic heavy story)
Empty Canvas Dry off the wood Apply glue Add plant Repeat
-
Java fern attached with super glue
:oops:
-
Java fern attached with super glue
Might get myself some and do a tester tonight. Thanks everyone! :cr4:
-
Java fern attached with super glue
Has anyone tried using super glue for attaching Java Fern (with success) to driftwood? Is it recommended?
-
Reckon fish have emotions?
Hi Luke ... in with GBA's only and not looking stressed.
-
Reckon fish have emotions?
I have had them since they were about 3cm big (now about 12cm) Spawned every week, like clockwork for the past 3 months.
-
Reckon fish have emotions?
reasoning behind your suggestion?
-
Reckon fish have emotions?
I have a pair of discus that are laying eggs every Saturday, they fuss around them for a couple of days then either they eat them or someone else does ... this has been happening for about 3 months now. Is this healthy? :dunno: If it was us humans we would be lining up for IVF or contacting an adoption agency by now - Has there been any research on the emotional stability of fish? Should I just let them carry on or should I separate them OR sell them to someone prepared to give them an environment to breed in? So far I have moved them from my 200l to my 100l as the other discus were given them a hard time every time they laid. I used to see them laying and fertilizing and think "stupid fish didn't learn last week?" now my heart just sinks and I feel like I am preventing them from doing what comes naturally. :roll: