Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Barrie

Financial Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Reputation Activity

  1. Like
    Barrie got a reaction from Caryl in Aphy. Bitaeniatum   
    yes these are mop spawners but dont lay many eggs.
    Im hoping to get a few fry later this week and some at the end of next week.
    The eggs I took last week (only a few eggs) should hatch this week
     
  2. Like
    Barrie got a reaction from Silverdollarboy2 in Aphy. Bitaeniatum   
    yes these are mop spawners but dont lay many eggs.
    Im hoping to get a few fry later this week and some at the end of next week.
    The eggs I took last week (only a few eggs) should hatch this week
     
  3. Like
    Barrie got a reaction from Adrienne in Aphy. Bitaeniatum   
    yes these are mop spawners but dont lay many eggs.
    Im hoping to get a few fry later this week and some at the end of next week.
    The eggs I took last week (only a few eggs) should hatch this week
     
  4. Like
    Barrie got a reaction from Silverdollarboy2 in Aphy. Bitaeniatum   
    they are similar from what Rodney tells me but are larger.
    They were brought into the country as Bivitattum Lagos but they are Bitaeniatum Lagos as Bivitattum are not from Lagos. Aqualog confirms these as Bitaeniatum by photos. Bitaeniatum do come from Lagos.
  5. Like
    Barrie got a reaction from Silverdollarboy2 in Aphy. Bitaeniatum   
    Apology if you are also a member of the facebook page but for those that are not I also post on here for those interested
    the latest additions
    Aphy. Bitaeniatum Lagos
    They show a little more colour than this photo. I picked them up from Hollywood Fish Farm on Saturday morning and placed them in the tank. Fed them and didnt get to see them or feed them until Monday 10am. Took a couple of eggs by 12 noon. From years ago they were hard to get numbers of eggs and had a poor hatch rate so time will tell.

  6. Like
    Barrie got a reaction from Caryl in N. Guntheri   
    They'e arrived and settled in well with their peat pot

  7. Like
    Barrie got a reaction from Caryl in Aphy. Bitaeniatum   
    Apology if you are also a member of the facebook page but for those that are not I also post on here for those interested
    the latest additions
    Aphy. Bitaeniatum Lagos
    They show a little more colour than this photo. I picked them up from Hollywood Fish Farm on Saturday morning and placed them in the tank. Fed them and didnt get to see them or feed them until Monday 10am. Took a couple of eggs by 12 noon. From years ago they were hard to get numbers of eggs and had a poor hatch rate so time will tell.

  8. Like
    Barrie got a reaction from Adrienne in Aphy. Bitaeniatum   
    Apology if you are also a member of the facebook page but for those that are not I also post on here for those interested
    the latest additions
    Aphy. Bitaeniatum Lagos
    They show a little more colour than this photo. I picked them up from Hollywood Fish Farm on Saturday morning and placed them in the tank. Fed them and didnt get to see them or feed them until Monday 10am. Took a couple of eggs by 12 noon. From years ago they were hard to get numbers of eggs and had a poor hatch rate so time will tell.

  9. Like
    Barrie got a reaction from Silverdollarboy2 in Aphy. Australe Chocolates   
    After taking eggs last Tuesday (22nd August) the first fry hatched this morning with another couple well on the way. I only kept about 15 or 20 eggs this way then collected another 20 to 30 on the Thursday and Friday placing them on peat. I will hatch them in another couple ofweeks. This week Ive been picking eggs daily and placing on peat so will give them 2 to 2.5 weeks before hatching. So much easier hatching from peat as you get the fry all the same size.
  10. Like
    Barrie got a reaction from Adrienne in Aphy. Australe Chocolates   
    After taking eggs last Tuesday (22nd August) the first fry hatched this morning with another couple well on the way. I only kept about 15 or 20 eggs this way then collected another 20 to 30 on the Thursday and Friday placing them on peat. I will hatch them in another couple ofweeks. This week Ive been picking eggs daily and placing on peat so will give them 2 to 2.5 weeks before hatching. So much easier hatching from peat as you get the fry all the same size.
  11. Like
    Barrie got a reaction from Caryl in Aphy. Australe Chocolates   
    After taking eggs last Tuesday (22nd August) the first fry hatched this morning with another couple well on the way. I only kept about 15 or 20 eggs this way then collected another 20 to 30 on the Thursday and Friday placing them on peat. I will hatch them in another couple ofweeks. This week Ive been picking eggs daily and placing on peat so will give them 2 to 2.5 weeks before hatching. So much easier hatching from peat as you get the fry all the same size.
  12. Like
    Barrie got a reaction from hovmoller in Aphy. Australe Chocolates   
    After taking eggs last Tuesday (22nd August) the first fry hatched this morning with another couple well on the way. I only kept about 15 or 20 eggs this way then collected another 20 to 30 on the Thursday and Friday placing them on peat. I will hatch them in another couple ofweeks. This week Ive been picking eggs daily and placing on peat so will give them 2 to 2.5 weeks before hatching. So much easier hatching from peat as you get the fry all the same size.
  13. Like
    Barrie got a reaction from Caryl in Aphy. Australe Chocolates   
    Hollywoods Mt Roskill have another couple of pairs of these. Easy to maintain and keep plus easy to breed. For those that want to try egg layers, these would be a great starter. I have had these live for 3 to 4 years as they are not the short lived Nothos. Worth a try people.
  14. Like
    Barrie got a reaction from livingart in Aphy. Australe Chocolates   
    Hollywoods Mt Roskill have another couple of pairs of these. Easy to maintain and keep plus easy to breed. For those that want to try egg layers, these would be a great starter. I have had these live for 3 to 4 years as they are not the short lived Nothos. Worth a try people.
  15. Like
    Barrie got a reaction from Caryl in N. Foerschi   
    Hollywoods in Mt Roskill have 2 more pair on N. Foerschi if anyone is interested. They are younger looking but in very good order and mine have started to spawn by the look of it. If your keen on Nothos then it would pay to have a look as the last thing we want to happen to these is to disappear.
  16. Like
    Barrie reacted to Catz in Hi all   
    Hi, I'm catz from Auckland.
    I actually have got any tanks ATM lol tho I used to have two community tanks that I had for many years, plus a pond with large breeder goldfish. These days however, I rent, and I don't have a lot of space. I got roped into giving someone some advice on their tank recently and I've kinda  decided I wouldn't mind a small tank again....50-60 litres or so maybe....just enough for a few tetras, maybe a Cory or two and a couple of angels or gouramis, maybe a betta. Nothing fancy. I've always loved community tanks.
  17. Like
    Barrie reacted to Adrienne in Barrie M   
    It is excellent indeed for us and the future of killies that you have regained the interest.  Looking forward to seeing what you can do this time around.
  18. Like
    Barrie reacted to Caryl in specie survey   
    Good grief, he's alive!! Welcome back Barrie. Long time no hear. Sorry but I do not have killies these days.
  19. Like
    Barrie reacted to Adrienne in specie survey   
    Great to see you back Barrie

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.