grrrrrrr.... flatmates

phoenix44

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok. so the cat is a ginger short haired, fat lazy cat apparently.

i agreed to let it come here, as long as i never ever see it in the house. it gets fed and watered outside the house.

the one remaining washing machine in the house is now broken :evil:

the phone and internet has not been sorted as vodafone forgot we called them regarding a phone line. hmph.

the new flatmates may have a fridge we can use.

i like ginger cats too. pity im allergic to most of them.

the now "old" flatmates were moving out. so they needed someone to occupy their room, or else they would have to pay the full rent. that's why the between themselves, decided to advertise the room for $150pw + expenses, and then they would pay the remaining $25pw.

i had a fit when i heard that, cause after all of this i can't trust them as far as i can chuck them, so told them they would not be released from the contract unless the new people paid the $175 in full.

they then worked something out with the new flatmates where they pay the $25pw for how many ever weeks there are until 30Nov.

they then were forcing me to sign the change of tenants contract literally the minute i walked in the door from my drive back from auckland. so i snapped and told them if they forced me to do any thing ill just walk away and then they can pay $175pw until the contract expires, so they should just back off a little bit. I wanted to meet my new flatmates, and speak to them about the cat - but this was unreasonable on my part apparently. I mean I only have to live with them :-? *hint sarcasm LOL.

i like ginger cats too. pity im allergic to most of them.

the now "old" flatmates were moving out. so they needed someone to occupy their room, or else they would have to pay the full rent. that's why the between themselves, decided to advertise the room for $150pw + expenses, and then they would pay the remaining $25pw.

Would it not have made more sense for them to advertise the room at the full $175 pw? Seems silly to me the way they have done it. Or was it a case of the cheaper it is the more likely they are to find someone?

lol. funny thing is the minute i got out of the car i got screamed at "if you have a problem with the cat may be you should go and see the people that are moving in".

\then i calmly said. look. balls in my court, if i dont release you from contract you will pay the full rent. you did stupid secret things behind my back thinking i was born last night. if someone wants to move in this house, they will come here and meet me. if not they can find somewhere else to live and you can pay the rent for a room that is unoccupied. your call. then i told them it would pays to be nice to me seeing as i could cost them a fortune in wasted rent payments if i refused to let any tenants in the house. that shut them up for good.

Would it not have made more sense for them to advertise the room at the full $175 pw? Seems silly to me the way they have done it. Or was it a case of the cheaper it is the more likely they are to find someone?

yes. it would have made more sense. faaaaar more sense. they just wanted someone to get in the house, irrespective of who they were. that clearly wasn't going to happen with me around.

they also thought they would pay the $25 pw into my flat account. I didnt see that happening as releasing them from the contract means they are not obligated to pay any thing at all.

jeez. they must have thought I have noooo idea about contractual law and all the secrecy that was going on when i was away - like telling me that all the paper work was done, and the flatmates are moving in. hahahahahaha

I think you should kick them all out and give me the house instead.

But really, isn't it funny how stupid people get when it's time to move out?

So long as someone's paying rent, Rusty doesn't get eaten and you don't die from an allergic reaction, it's all good!

I think you should kick them all out and give me the house instead.

But really, isn't it funny how stupid people get when it's time to move out?

So long as someone's paying rent, Rusty doesn't get eaten and you don't die from an allergic reaction, it's all good!

It would be interesting to see the 2 of you living together but I dont think that Treo would be happy having to put up with rusty all the time so I would be happy to look after him for you :wink:

Phoenix when do these people move in?

then i calmly said. look. balls in my court, if i dont release you from contract you will pay the full rent. you did stupid secret things behind my back thinking i was born last night. if someone wants to move in this house, they will come here and meet me. if not they can find somewhere else to live and you can pay the rent for a room that is unoccupied. your call. then i told them it would pays to be nice to me seeing as i could cost them a fortune in wasted rent payments if i refused to let any tenants in the house. that shut them up for good.

:hail::hail::hail:

these people move in on the 8th of august.

its only for 4 months so a little compromise was in order. its just this is one of those cases where if something happens to rust, i can turn back the clock and say oh i shouldnt have let them move in with the cat (even though the house is off bounds)... and i definitely don't want to have one of those "if only" moments.

I beat rust would put up a pretty good fight tho :o

i dunno. he quite likes cats. and the last time he got jumped by one, he tried attacking it back, and got it in the eye but cats were designed to catch and eat birds. Can't mess with mother nature.

23032009386Small.jpg

That is great that you have worked out this situation with reasonable compromise!

I am sure that you will not have to regret your decision, and everything will work out :)

You may even gain some more aquarium buddies in the long run. The new flatties seem to be a step up from the old ones so look on the bright side!

I would just like to add a word of caution about the cat/bird situation. I bet you are already aware of this but cat saliva contains a bacteria called Pasturella which can be deadly to parrots. If this bacteria gets into the bird's blood it usually causes rapid sepsis (1-2 day).

I know you will keep Rusty safe and I don't want to scare you. Just double checking that you are aware of this and make sure the cat has no physical contact with him. I don't know if this bacteria would cause any problems if say the cat and bird licked the same surface...but maybe that is something you can research.

yeah i knew about Pasturella but wasn't too concerned as it is very very sensitive to oxytetracycline, which i should have in ointment form, and should also have penicillin in tablet form (im overly possessive of him, so got meds sorted for him just in case). Thanks for reminding me though, I hadn't really thought about it in this case.

but in all honesty I don't like the whole cat and bird situation either, but its comforting to know that the cat can't be in the house so it in theory should be ok.

what open door or window? :lol:

flatmates have been informed that house is to be in lockdown as far as the cat is concerned. cat door already has tape on it. my room is secure, no way to get in unless the door is left open, but i never leave it open.

i dunno. he quite likes cats. and the last time he got jumped by one, he tried attacking it back, and got it in the eye but cats were designed to catch and eat birds. Can't mess with mother nature.

23032009386Small.jpg

And yet, they can still be trained not to attack birds. Mine are nicely terrified of ours.