grrrrrrr.... flatmates

phoenix44

our old cat would kill any birds (sparrows etc) outside but wouldn't touch the birds inside

we had a crimson rosella that flew out the door

the cat caught it the next day, brought it inside and dropped it on the kitchen floor

alive and not a mark on it

cat got extra pats that day :D

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

our old cat would kill any birds (sparrows etc) outside but wouldn't touch the birds inside

the cat caught it the next day, brought it inside and dropped it on the kitchen floor

Most of your birds are bigger than normal cats :wink:

I think that Zazu sould be able to hunt and catch most of the local cats

Just when I thought it was all sorted, they sunk to a new low today.

the 2 flatties moving out were supposed to disconnect the net and phone on the 21st of last month. BUT didnt because they couldn't be bothered. so what they did today is they disconnected the internet and phone, after 6.30pm without telling any one.

we couldn't sort our phone and net until theirs was disconnected, so now we are sitting ducks for the next 7 business days. all this when my assignments are due in. :evil:

to make matters worse, they said we have to remove our stuff from the fridge tomorrow as they are taking the fridge out. they were supposed to do this on the saturday coming up. :evil: some people are just spiteful. the new flatmates are only moving in on the 8th so no fridge till then, i guess. on the brightside they will have to live with me without my morning coffee... not good at all.

the second washing machine is also broken. :x :evil:

so no phone,

no internet that is our own,

no washing machine,

and no fridge.

my kind neighbour has allowed me to use her net for the next few days, but the signal is usually off or low. so its not totally functional, but at least its something.

wow that's amazing!

We wern't so lucky with our lovebird. The cat bought it in the next day... dead.

A few days after that the same cat bought us a tame rat - alive.. I wonder if he was trying to say sorry lol

LOL. they are going to have 6'4" of rage today if they talk to me about flat stuff!!! not happy at all.

well im going to store some stuff in a friends house.

im doing my laundry at foxxja's place tonight :lol: :lol:

i can do my drying at animates if i absolutely have to. ha ha. have work at the bank tomorrow and noticed all my pants are in the dirty pile (which is quite big now considering the lack of washing machines) :o:(

sandra I may have to take you up on that offer for a few days until the new faltmates move in, ill txt you :hail:

im making a make shift fridge with poly boxes, ice and salt. that should hold till tomorrow morning, i just want my cheese and milk in there. the other stuff can be stored elsewhere. :lol:

FLATMATES from hell any one think?

The problem is the new flatmates NOT the cat.. It's not the cat's fault it's owners are idiot's.

Yes it sux that they deceived you an made you think that there wasn't a cat but I feel out of everyone the poor cat has got the raw end of the deal. If they care about their cat they should re-home it to someone that can look after it properly,living outside is not a very good life for a poor cat!

If I was in your situation I would decline them to move in and find more suitable flat-mates.

:-? :-? :-?

The problem is the new flatmates NOT the cat.. It's not the cat's fault it's owners are idiot's.

Yes it sux that they deceived you an made you think that there wasn't a cat but I feel out of everyone the poor cat has got the raw end of the deal. If they care about their cat they should re-home it to someone that can look after it properly,living outside is not a very good life for a poor cat!

If I was in your situation I would decline them to move in and find more suitable flat-mates.

:-? :-? :-?

Aha and the cat doesn't even know it is at the centre of a war.

I can't just move out ryan, its only till the end of november any how so its not that long. ill need to find a flatmate for my room first, then get all my stuff, shift everything, the tank etc. not worth it at all.

the new cat that is coming is only going to be outdoors steph, so that should not be too much of an issue either.

me moving out will only cause more troubles for my 1 remaining good flatmate and myself - i have assignments and studies to catch up on so ill be kept busy for the next few months...

I feel sorry for the cat too, but its always been an outdoor cat so this is no different to it. plus i can always arrange for them to get it a nice warm bed in the garage or something.

fridge was turned off this morning, so i made a small fridge with a poly box, salt, water and ice. it has my malibu, sour cream and milk in it. :D just the essentials.

Am doing a load or 2 of washing at foxxja's house tonight. if i need a dryer animates has a real nice one i can use.

All my meat and frozens are at animates, so many thanks to them for letting me take over the freezer for a week or so :lol:

the new faltmates (ive only met the girl) seem nice; they are not aware of any of what is going on. which is good in a way. as long as my vodafone provides the phone fast, and slingshot provides the internet fast I will be a happy chappy. I can eat out everyday until then :D

at the moment im at uni with the net and doing my assignments and stuff, so its alite for now. Just waiting for this week to get over, I really can't be bothered dealing with much more of this rubbish :lol:. I don't get human behaviour sometimes, especially the vindictive kid of behaviour. rather live with a dog any day! :D

Hi Phoenix,

man, what a horrible situation! :(

What I don't understand (maybe I didn't read close enough) is why these people are still moving in?

If *you* have the final say (ie signing the forms releasing the old tennants) why are you agreeing to this? Are you just feeling honour-bound?

Why are the new flatmates not aware of what is going on?

And finally, you are officially insane for letting someone move in that you hadn't met, even if the girl seems nice :P

(so glad I live alone. Can't afford it really, but refuse to put up with this kind of hassle to same on money)

ah stella. yes i do feel honour bound, and if i don't have honour i don't have any thing.

the new flatmates works for the PNCC and her partner is a chef of some sort. perhaps he has a nice cat recipe up his sleeve :o:wink:

after speaking to the new flatmate (the girl) i understood that the cat would stay out, and she was perfectly fine with that. i don't mind cats, (infact ive got 2 in auckland) I'd just rather not have them around cause of the bird and allergies that I have- which is part of the reason i dropped out of vet school.

the new flatmates are technically not the new flatmates until the 8th of this month. I agreed to let them in on the tenancy, and their previous landlord gave them a good reference, and i got my current landlord to check it out too.

I understand honour, however you agreed to all this without all the information you needed, and with your arm twisted behind your back.

There is a big difference between being honourable and being a wuss. :wink:

Stick up for yourself!

Really, what idiot tries finding a new flat without revealing they have pets and NOT expecting trouble!

So they are only staying until November, or that is when your tenancy expires and you can move out if it doesn't work out?

november is when the tenancy on the house expires, and at that point any one in the house can choose to extend the tenancy as needed.

I just want the current flatmates out of the house ASAP so we can get back to normality. once the phone and net is sorted, everything else will fall into place.

the new flatmates incidentally have a fridge and a washing machine too.

:D

From my understanding from this continuing saga (who needs Coro Street when you can read Phoenix's flatmate thread?! :lol: ) the new flatmates did declare the cat - it was the old flatmates who should have refused due to their knowledge of Phoenix's allergy and the birdie who was already in residence.

I'm another one who can't bear flatmates! I've had such terrible experiences over the years that I decided I would live alone, no matter the cost. One place I lived in for many years was only 6 ft wide and wouldn't have passed any health & safety inspections (basically a garden shed with plumbing!) but I could afford to live there alone! It was brilliant!

I now live with my lovely partner so the days of flatmate horror are over for good! :D :bounce:

agree with whetu....

boarding isnt much better! but at least me and my girl have a lovely place to ourselves, thats close to anything we need, and no flatties having raging parties on a wednesday when we have to be up at 5.30 for tech/work...

so theres your solution phoenix! get a girlfriend! :wink: