grrrrrrr.... flatmates

phoenix44

yes yes. i like these ideas.

Im certain i know a few cat recipes too.

I don't want them to get rid of the cat. i just don't want it endanger rusty's life and get me all itchy and scratchy and red eyed and stuff.

Well theres the problem fixed about the cat??? HAHAHAHA

yea man. its a good thing cats are faster than pit bulls and can climb trees.

I heard, 3rd party of course, that annoying cats like the spca...... roflcopter j/k

i will consider it if the cat is a majopr pain, or if it looks at rusty and prowls.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

or if it looks at rusty and prowls

I've got 2 cats and a lovebird. The cats are fine with the bird. But i know that every cat is different. It was a surprise to me that my cats weren't interested in the bird cos they are very good predators :lol: But mind you, when i let my bird out of the cage the cat is out of the room

It sounds really unfair that you said no cats and they have a cat :roll:

If i can offer you any advice about this....talk to them. Make sure you keep calm, and get your point across without getting too angry. Also use the "I feel" statements. They usually work a treat. You also need to let them know that they signed the agreement under false pretences (spelling!?!?!), if that makes sense. Its almost giving false information. Saying you dont have a cat, or saying nothing at all about it. You can get evicted out of the house for false info etc...

And about the extra $25 in rent...they should be paying it. The house has a set amount for the weekly rent, you can't change it to suit you (or anyone else for that matter).

If you were there first and your "head flatmate" then what you say goes. You, your health and your current animals come first (the same thing would apply for me if I was head flatmate...trust me)

Same thing happens here at my flat. Head flatmate gets most of the say in things. We dont really get any say!!! Hence the reason my flat hasnt changed from being :evil: & :o & :x

you've gotta put your foot down in life (no matter what its about) or you just get mad and down about things.

One thing I will praise you on......having EVERYONES name on the lease agreement. Anyone who doesnt do this is silly, all it takes is 1 person to be stupid and anything can happen!!

Chin up mate, one thing at a time....you'll sort this!! :D

I don't want them to get rid of the cat. i just don't want it endanger rusty's life and get me all itchy and scratchy and red eyed and stuff.

Well theres the problem fixed about the cat??? HAHAHAHA

yea man. its a good thing cats are faster than pit bulls and can climb trees.

Ive seen it all go wrong for the prity kity that got just a tad to close...

shame it was a nice persian too (epensive loss)

ah yes. the old calm approach.

i usually try that, but when people refuse to understand I resort of my way of doing things which involves mental breakdowns for the other party, and lots of shouting for me. :cry:

I really hope this thing sorts itself out. that cat will have to be outdoors all the time. rusty will have to be safe 24/7 even if it means he is now confined to my room only, unless i am there to let him out and i have to stop being allergic to cats.

was that leopard or leotard mark?? seeing you in a leotard would scare anyone into submission!

as for the flatmates, it might be easier for you to try find somewhere else mate, a pain in the jaxie i know, but for the sake of peace of mind etc, you cant live a hostage in your own house to a cat...

poor Ira.

*must - not - hassle - ira :lol:

I heard back from the landlord. she said she had no idea i was out of town, and she said she was happy to have a cat in the house, but it was our choice to if we wanted a cat or not. She said it seems silly to have a cat in the house if i am allergic and if i have a bird.

especially seeing as my friends who used to live there previously had 2 cats and 5 budgies, and half way through the year, only the 2 cats remained. all the budgies were killed from inside a cage. :cry:

also, she said the only thing she needs is the payment of rent in full, it is upto us to decide how the money gets paid between us - but If i take off the current 2 flatmates from the tenancy agreement, and transfer the 2 new flatmates on, then the old 2 won't have any obligation (apart from a verbal one) to pay the difference in rent - and that is something they themselves decided to do.

I was told that all the paper work was done and dusted, and that's obviously wrong, seeing as I need to approve and sign off any changes to the tenancy. all this sneaky behaviour makes me less inclined to trust them to pay the $25pw that they have promised to pay - especially if there is no legal obligation for them to pay it. Can't really trust them can I?

poor Ira.

*must - not - hassle - ira :lol:

but If i take off the current 2 flatmates from the tenancy agreement, and transfer the 2 new flatmates on, then the old 2 won't have any obligation (apart from a verbal one) to pay the difference in rent - and that is something they themselves decided to do.

I am sure Ira can take it as good as he dishes it out :wink:

Money wise I think this is something that you should sort out now, as you say, they are under no obligation to pay the $25, and as soon as they are out the door, I think that you can kiss the good intent and money goodbye. Who in their right mind would pay $25 per week for nothing?

The new flatmates should be paying the same as the old ones, if not more, but never less!

Just remember, you have to fork out to fix the washing machine and find a fridge as well.

That may be the case, but if they shoot the gap, who is going to fork out the money to find them and enforce the contract, meanwhile someone is going to have to make up the shortfall in the rent in the interim, as the landlord said, she doesn't care who pays what, as long as it gets paid in full.

I know that oral contracts are binding, but running to tenancy tribunals or small claims court is not something I want to do. I'd rather just pay the money for lack of hassle.

but i will ask them to type up an agreement for them paying $25pw to make up for the shortfall in rent. they should have just asked for the correct room rent :-?

We have another backup laundry machine - I would have had a fit without clean clothes everyday :lol:

but we will probably have to rent a fridge till december as there is no point in me buying one, and then having to worry about moving it to who knows which city at the end of it.

Least ill be able to find out what's going on when I get back on wed or thurs.