June 22, 200917 yr comment_313735 ... Or "slow cooker" as the new fangled ones are called nowadays. Never use your crockpot when you are actually going to be inside the same house as the crockpot while it is cooking! It is fine if you set it to start as you leave for work. You come home to a lovely smelling house and a cooked meal. If you are home during the day you have to suffer smelling the stuff cooking ALL DAY!!!! :roll: Boy I'm hungry :-? (New Word has silverside on special this week so guess what we are having for tea) :bounce: Report
June 22, 200917 yr comment_313736 Sounds Yummy Caryl, what time would you like me to be there for Tea :lol: Love Corned Beef :bounce: Report
June 22, 200917 yr Author comment_313759 I can't invite others! There wouldn't then be enough left for Grant's sandwiches! No point having silverside if there isn't enough leftovers for sammies. :lol: Report
June 22, 200917 yr comment_313760 Yea I have to agree, I Love Corned Beef Sammies with Chow Chow Report
June 22, 200917 yr comment_313764 Have to buy at least 2 pieces of Corned Beef to feed my lot. And then there's usually nothing left for Sammies Report
June 22, 200917 yr comment_313781 ... Or "slow cooker" as the new fangled ones are called nowadays. Report
June 22, 200917 yr comment_313790 ... Or "slow cooker" as the new fangled ones are called nowadays. Never use your crockpot when you are actually going to be inside the same house as the crockpot while it is cooking! It is fine if you set it to start as you leave for work. You come home to a lovely smelling house and a cooked meal. If you are home during the day you have to suffer smelling the stuff cooking ALL DAY!!!! :roll: Boy I'm hungry :-? (New Word has silverside on special this week so guess what we are having for tea) :bounce: Report
June 22, 200917 yr comment_313810 So Caryl, what is "New Word"? Ir is it that you have only discovered a new word called "silverside? :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: Report
June 22, 200917 yr comment_313825 So Caryl, what is "New Word"? Ir is it that you have only discovered a new word called "silverside? :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: Report
June 22, 200917 yr comment_313840 Crock-pot is a trademarked brand name of a slow cooker. All crock pots are slow cookers, but not all slow cookers are crock pots. Report
June 22, 200917 yr comment_313845 I like slow cooked things...as I am often heard saying ...somethings are better done slowly.... :roll: :roll: Like mutton birds or.... pork bellies or.... lamb shanks or... mutton birds ( but not fresh ones you just roast those) or... Pigon pie (best to do a clay bake with those tho cause otherwise the feathers get in EVERYTHING)...or.... weka...or.... Venison casserole HMMMMMMMMM Report
June 22, 200917 yr comment_313847 Wok: New Word is a New Supermarket Chain, don't you have one in your area, we've got one here, maybe they haven't headed up your way yet :lol: Report
June 22, 200917 yr Author comment_313873 As I make so few mistakes I don't mind if wok feels compelled to pick up on them :lol: Keeps him amused. Lamb shanks are great in the slow cooker. Some of the other suggestions are too greasy for my taste. Report
June 23, 200917 yr comment_313889 I like slow cooked things...as I am often heard saying ...somethings are better done slowly.... :roll: :roll: pork bellies or.... HMMMMMMMMM Report
June 23, 200917 yr comment_313899 I wish to lodge a complaint about the above post..... It's making me awfully hungry and is cruel to those of us who have to have sandwiches for lunch! Report
June 23, 200917 yr Author comment_313916 I second that complaint! :lol: Shall we ban him or just poke him with your pointy stick? :bounce: Report
June 23, 200917 yr comment_313925 Pointy Stick sounds like a good choice to me Look out Wok, they're coming to get you :lol: Report
June 23, 200917 yr comment_313927 Maybe we should demand a sample first, to see if it is worth sharpening the stick for? Report
June 23, 200917 yr comment_313929 YEA THERE GREAT i put two ham hocks in there with water let them cook all day then i grate potates carrots parsnip pumpkin corgettes and thinly sliced onions and leeks sweat them off in a big pot then add the stock that ya hocks were cooked in and lastely break off all the meat and add that. taste and season with salt pepper and good pinch of chicken stock and its beut. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.