Crockpot owner's complaint

Caryl

... Or "slow cooker" as the new fangled ones are called nowadays.

Never use your crockpot when you are actually going to be inside the same house as the crockpot while it is cooking! It is fine if you set it to start as you leave for work. You come home to a lovely smelling house and a cooked meal.

If you are home during the day you have to suffer smelling the stuff cooking ALL DAY!!!! :roll:

Boy I'm hungry :-?

(New Word has silverside on special this week so guess what we are having for tea) :bounce:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... Or "slow cooker" as the new fangled ones are called nowadays.

Never use your crockpot when you are actually going to be inside the same house as the crockpot while it is cooking! It is fine if you set it to start as you leave for work. You come home to a lovely smelling house and a cooked meal.

If you are home during the day you have to suffer smelling the stuff cooking ALL DAY!!!! :roll:

Boy I'm hungry :-?

(New Word has silverside on special this week so guess what we are having for tea) :bounce:

I like slow cooked things...as I am often heard saying ...somethings are better done slowly.... :roll: :wink: :roll:

mutton birds or....

pork bellies or....

lamb shanks or...

mutton birds ( but not fresh ones you just roast those) or...

Pigon pie (best to do a clay bake with those tho cause otherwise the feathers get in EVERYTHING)...or....

weka...or....

Venison casserole

HMMMMMMMMM

As I make so few mistakes I don't mind if wok feels compelled to pick up on them :lol:

Keeps him amused.

Lamb shanks are great in the slow cooker. Some of the other suggestions are too greasy for my taste.

YEA THERE GREAT i put two ham hocks in there with water let them cook all day then i grate potates carrots parsnip pumpkin corgettes and thinly sliced onions and leeks sweat them off in a big pot then add the stock that ya hocks were cooked in and lastely break off all the meat and add that. taste and season with salt pepper and good pinch of chicken stock and its beut.