July 26, 200917 yr comment_320105 I grew them one year. They are a great addition to stews etc. Kind of an acquired taste. Definitely not unpleasant though. Report
July 26, 200917 yr comment_320110 Ok waht do they taste like?? Anything like a Parsnip?? I'm thinking they are a cousin to the Parsnip :lol: Report
August 2, 200917 yr comment_321200 Beef & red wine casserole It's not even lunchtime and I'm going mental Report
August 3, 200917 yr comment_321233 mmmmm.... I'm getting hungry too. Have a nice chinese beef brisket casserole with carrots this time, cooking in the slow cooker. started cooking last night, so it will be very very tender by this evening I can't wait Report
August 4, 200917 yr Author comment_321469 I must confess our venison casserole thing smelled divine all day but the taste was a bit disappointing. The next lot I Stroganoffed (on the advice of a friend whose husband is always bringing home freshly shot venison and pork) and it was much tastier! I saw a bit on Campbell Live tonight on how popular slow cookers were at the moment. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.