National Fish Shows

Warren

Well, it is now a show that was, the tanks are now all safely locked away awaiting another club to put on the next NATIONAL FISH SHOW. We now have the task of finding ways to make such shows easier, and more appealing for other clubs.

Well done to Paul for his success. Between his show winnings, and his breeding achievements, he would have to be amongst the top, if not the top fish keeper in NZ :hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail:

Also like to thank all the other entrants, because the slandered of fish was unbelievable, although it would of given the judges a headache.

Id love to thank you all one by one, but at the moment i just dont have the energy or time. :bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a King Killi , That one won best Killifish in show

First of all congratulations on all the wins. What is the proper name for a king killie as I am trying to find some more info on internet.

Also if I was to get into killies where do I get them from? I have been told just to buy them from other members.

I would also like some more info but will start a thread in the beginners corner as this one is about the fish show.

they are called Fundulopanchax sjostedti, i think

someone please correct me if i am wrong, i would love a pair myself. They are my second favourite killie at the moment, will be my favourite when i own a pair. Someone please sell me some :D

More photos from the Hamilton National Show can be viewed at:

http://gallery.guppies.co.nz/thumbnails.php?album=39

Sorry that a couple are a bit fuzzy. Camera doesn't do macro as well as I would like.

A BIG THANK YOU to Hutt Pet's :hail::hail::hail: (Lower Hutt, Wellington) for the loan of a replacement air pump for the show at very short notice, All of the Judges & aides :hail::hail::hail: , all of the exhibitors :hail: :hail: :hail: and all of the people who put on displays :hail::hail::hail: , and MOST OF ALL the Waikato Aquarium Society :hail::hail::hail: for putting on the show. You all did a GREAT job and It was a GREAT event. :hail::hail::hail:

More photos from the Hamilton National Show can be viewed at:

http://gallery.guppies.co.nz/thumbnails.php?album=39

Sorry that a couple are a bit fuzzy. Camera doesn't do macro as well as I would like.

A BIG THANK YOU to Hutt Pet's :hail::hail::hail: (Lower Hutt, Wellington) for the loan of a replacement air pump for the show at very short notice, All of the Judges & aides :hail::hail::hail: , all of the exhibitors :hail: :hail: :hail: and all of the people who put on displays :hail::hail::hail: , and MOST OF ALL the Waikato Aquarium Society :hail::hail::hail: for putting on the show. You all did a GREAT job and It was a GREAT event. :hail::hail::hail:

Well said !! :hail::hail:

A BIG THANK YOU to Hutt Pet's :hail::hail::hail: (Lower Hutt, Wellington) for the loan of a replacement air pump for the show at very short notice

Thanks Kevin, i totally overlooked that, that 1 air pump saved soooo many head aches, and alot of time. I cant thank them enough. :hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail:

The show is over the tanks are packed ready for the next club to host the next national fishshow :D

I would personally like to thank all the members of the Waikato Aquarium Soc who have put in alot of time and effort in making the national fishshow as sucessfull as it was. The judges who worked really hard to score all 377 entries , our sponsors and exbitors who set up some awsome displays and finally those FNZAS members who entered as if we didn't have entries it wouldn't of been a fishshow.

I must admit that i am still a bit blown away off the amount of people that came thought just shows that our hobby of fishkeeping is still going strong so having the ocassional fishsow deafenily promotes the hobby and clubs which is primarly what the fishshow was about.

Going to relax for a week or two, three or four but agian thank you for your support

Dave :D:D

Maybe another idea for future shows could be to have a stand for each club (if members were keen to man a stand) with pictures of members tanks etc.

I attended the show from auckland and would have liked to pick up some info about the clubs but I have since got it from here.

Maybe we could get more people joined up to clubs.

Just an idea.

Glenn off here won the Aqua one tank raffle, and i happen to have the tank sitting in my bedroom at the moment :D I bought it home for him as i will be seeing him this weekend so am gunna give it to him then. Dunno who won the co2 or fountain raffle, they were just random people i didnt know

Ok, the raffles

The Neon tank was won buy a 7-8 year old girl. She was jumping arround the whole time her dad picked it up. The answer was 51 There were a few correct entry's, and it was drawn from the correct entry's.

The C02 etc was won by a lady who was running a yeast DIY setup.. so is a great upgrade for her. If she is on these forums, i hope she speaks up.

I wasn't around when the little water fall was drawn, so i cant help there...

I think that was it?????

hehe great pic Billaney :D

Glad everyone seems to have had a good time. It was a fun weekend! I think that's a good idea Dancer17, could get some healthy competition started between clubs too. Then again could make it harder when trying to group fish for judging :)