National Fish Shows

Warren

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was my plans, no pics of exhibits, just enough to wet the whistle, but not enough to say you seen it :wink:

Alot got done today, but nothing really to warrant pics, just tying up loose ends, placing tanks on the stands, suplying air to all the tanks, sorting out the lights ;) Ive been at the venue for 11 & 1/2 hours today, and it is great to see how things are progressing.

Id like to make a special mention to a couple of helpers we have had. David(Helens Nephew) and Caleb(Davids Friend). They have never kept fish, and have no intension's of keeping fish but have been there all day (David both days) just doing what ever is needed. Between the both of them they unpacked all the tanks, cleaned all the stickers off all the tanks, Helped full them and just done what ever was asked of them. They should both be at Sundays dinner, so i might have to post a pic of them here so you can give them a pat on the back(or a kick in the bum :wink: )

HandS approx what time on sunday night will things finish up? Im gunna be driving home that night but would like to stay around for the auction and (casual was it?) dinner.

On Sunday the Schedule (as we know it) is as follows:

Prize giving 6.00pm

Dinner 7.00pm

Auction 8.00pm till finish.

these times are off the top of my head, so will need to have them confirmed by Dave, but i cant imagen it being much different to that.

Be sure to bring plenty of gold coins, as there are some AMAZING raffles (some worth well over $500) that will be running through out the weekend.

it will be delt with case by case, but for the most, fish that are brought at auction, will have to remain in there tanks untill monday. It would be best if you know someone in your area that has entered the show to collect the fish you have brought at auction during debenching, and you can collect from them.

We cannot have a show that the public are paying to see, with a whole lot of empty tanks, that were full the day before.

There will be fish up for auction that are not in the show, that can be collected immediately

Anyone can bid on the auction, as long as you register on the night

HTH

Just got back from benching fish etc at gardens and so gratefull that i have a good group of people that all have been putting in some huge effort to bring you an awsome show. All fish are benched no disaters all displays are looking great come on down you will be very impressed :D:D

Today is a day that myself and the waikato aquarium Soc have been looking forward too for a long time. No turning back now :D:D

The show starts today from 10am till 5pm

Dinner at Ruakura from 7pm

Sunday 21/10/07 Show open 10am till 5pm

Prizing starts at 6pm

Auction after prizgiving from around 7pm

Last day of show Monday Show open from 10am till 2:30pm

Debenching from 2:30pm

See you all at the hamilton Gardens :hail::hail:

Dave

Well done guys

Good luck to all those who have entered.

Can't make it to the show this weekend but hope to drop in on my way back up to Auckland on Monday.

Sounds like it is going to be a blast at the show.

Hope for the organisers that everything goes well.

Cheers

Wok

fyi,

judging is still going..... its been a long day for some of us, this time we have some great fish to judge and picking best in show will be down to the wire!!!

i would like to remind anyone that is thinking of complaining about anything that to pull off a show like this takes 1000's of man hours and is alot of nail bitting hard work and it is even harder when we doing have many judges in nz..... so if you are in any way thinking you might like to see what its like to learn how to judge i know kevin would love to hear from you!!!!!!!!!

if you haven't been to have a look at the show do get off your butt and go and have a look as there are some amazing fish and some great people to meet!!

was great to catch up with everyone!!

(alan was really missed today)

Im a bit of a lurker.. have only had a tropical tank for a few months now.. and like to read the forums to see whats up.

I attended the show today and thought it was great.. there was a steady flow of people (i was there for a few hours snapping some photos)

Well worth a visit if you are around the waikato.. take some non-fishy friends.. If it keeps up the way i saw it operating it should be a real success...

Hope it all goes well, and check out my pictures at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kylecarter/sets/72157602546318882/

Oh, One idea - Next time possibly a requirement of entry of a fish for judging is a few words about each species of the fish? ie.. what type of fish etc.. There was so many lovely fish that i now need to work out what they were..

WOW, those pics are AMAZING. Well Done

I think it would be safe to say we had about 500-700 people through the door (im sure someone will correct me if im wrong) and the genral feedback from the public was great (though a few would have liked names of fish on the tank :oops: ) I will be curious to hear what the hobbiest think.

Some of us have our forum names on our name tags, so feel free to introduce your selfs so we can put faces to names

Dont forget to buy a raffle ticket, we have a raffle that was set up for the hobbyist, It includes a JBL co2 kit (Bottle,reg,diffuser), Master test kit, And 2 bags of JBL AquaBasis plus (1 Large, 1 Small).

Hope to see you all there

I thoroughly enjoyed what I saw and think you guys have done an amazing job :hail::bow: , some fabulous fish on show and the meal even more so, I take my hat off to all involved and give it 10 out of 10 as well as 5 stars. Thank you guys.