Warren

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An update on the National Fish Show 2007

Venue is confirmed and booked for labour weekend, at the Hamilton Gardens

Entry forms are finished, and should be up on this site soon, as well as being sent to all the clubs

A list of classes is very close to being completed, and will be made available ASAP

There is a team of people working very hard to get every thing done, if you have any questions, feel free to pm myself, luke* or dave.

For anyone who will be travelling to hamilton for the national fish show. Below are some Motels that are close to the Hamilton Gardens and currently have accomodation available.

Aspen Manor

209 Grey St,

Hamilton

Ph 07 8569029 http://www.aspenmanor.co.nz/

Hamilton Gardens Motel

93 Grey St,

Hamilton

Ph 07 8565446 http://www.hamgardensmotel.co.nz/

Manhatten Lodge

218 Grey St,

Hamilton

Ph 07 8563785 http://www.manhattanlodgemotel.co.nz/

Boundary Court

36 Boundry Rd,

Hamilton

ph 07 8559082 http://www.boundarycourt.co.nz/

If you need any more help with accomidation please just PM us and we will do our best to help.

Cheers Helen

Hi everyone,

For those of you who know Dave he wants to see me get everyone interested in the National Fish show.

He has given me the challenge of getting as meany posts on the forum as his famous molly hunt.

Now i really want to try so if anyone is interested in the show or just wants to let me no what they would like to see or happen at the show then post a reply.

It will be interesting to see who has heard what?

So come on and help me get lots of feadback about the show.

Cheers

Helen.

National fishshow 2007

When - 19th to 22nd October 2007

Where - Hamilton Gardens , Hamilton

After a couple of years break i am delighted to annoce that a full national fishshow is happening 19th to 22nd of october at the Hamilton Gardens, Hamilton.

The aims for having a fishshow is promote our hobby of fishkeeping, promote our NZ waterways and share knowledge and experince about our hobby with fellow hobbyist.

We have been delighted with the responses of other interest groups and retailers. Along with entrys from FNZAS members there will be displays from DOC,native fish displays, Reptile displays, Butterflies, National Aquarium , Ponds aswell as stands promoting events and interest groups.

The Plan

19/10/07 - Benching of fish from 9.00am till 9.00pm. Show tanks will be pre heated ready for fish

20/10/07 - Judging to be done early morning. Show open at 10am till 5pm to public. Prize giving and dinner at a venue to be confirmed for this night as i feel that it important that we reconise the efforts of everyone at the fishshow especially the entrants.Details to be confirmed

21/10/07 - Show open at 10am till 5pm to public. Will be having Auction and dinner at venue this night .The auction is for FNZAS members only to encouge people to join the FNZAS.Onthe fishshow entry forms you will find a box to indicate if you would like to auction your entry otherwise please let the Waikato Aquarium Soc know if you are bringing items that you would like to auction.

22/10/07 - Show open 10am till 2:30pm. Debenching from 2.45pm till 9.00pm

What fish can we enter ???

This is a full show so therefore our aim is to get as many types of fish there as possible.Below is a list o the FNZAS trophies and the classes that willb competing for these trophies. Certicifates will be issueed per classe and trophies per group of classes.We are making this as simple as we can therefore haven't gone to much into sub classes etc walk before you run if you know what i mean.

Best furnished Aquaria trophie classes Ag miniture aquariums Aa,Ab interclub furnished aquarium. chance to get a bit of interclub competion happening

Best Goldfish trophie Classes U singletail and V twintail

Best Anabantid trophie (E) Classes E. Labyrinths.Ea. Betta splendens Eb. Colisa Parosphromenus Ctenops Sphaerrichtys Helostoma Trichopis

Osphronemus Trichogastea Ez. Fish other than Ea and Eb

Best Barb Trophie(B)Class B Barb includes all Barbs

Best Catfish Trophie( G)Classes G. Tropical Catfish. H. Corydoras & Brochis

Best Cichilid trophie (D) Classes Da. Pterophyllum Dc. Cyathochromis Hemitilapia Melanochromis Cynotilapia Julidochromis Petrotilapia

Genyochromis Labeotropheus Pseudotropheus Haplochromis Labidochromis Tropheus Hemihaplochromis Lamprologus

Dz. Fish other than Da, Db & Dc.

Best drawf Cichilid Trophie Class Db. Apistogramma Pelmatochromis Nannacara

Best Livebearer Trophie Classes O. Guppy Male. P. Guppy FemaleQ. Xiphophorus helleri R. Platy S. Molly T. A.O.S. Livebearer

Best Killifish trophie Classes Fb. Aplocheilus Aphyoplatus Pseudopiplatys Epiplatys Micropanchax Dorpanchax Pachypanchax

Fc. Aphyosemions Roloffia Fd. Rivulus Fundulus Fe. Austrofundulus Cynolebias Pterolebias Ff. Northobranchius Rachovia

Fz. Fish other than Fa, Fb, Fc, Fd, Fe & F

Certicifates only for the following classes J Rassboras, M AOS egglayer and L loaches

Best NZ Native Trophie

Best Marine exhibit trophie Class AF Individual marine tank

Best Tropical Trophie Best tropical fish in show only

Best in Show Trophie Best overall fish in show

Best entered times miles Trophie This trophie is based on entrys vs kms travelled .Club based Trophy to encourge clubs particapation

Best Total Points Indivadual trophie for entrant whos fish accumlitive earn the most amount of points

Hard Luck Trophie For indivadual that may have a bit of hard luck hopefully no one wins this.

Entry forms will be in aquarium world, sent to clubs and hopefully avaible on this website very soon

Finally i strongly encourge everyone to enter and come along to the national fishshow in Hamilton as it will be a very unquie show

Any questions about the national fishshow feel free to contact me on (07)8495275 or (021)02223900 email [email protected]

Dave Dalziel :D:D

ClassesNational fishshow 2007

Whoops!! Will update kiilifish classes in the next couple of days :oops:

We would love to see a marine section but are only willing to have marine tanks not indivaul fish therefore this allowsthe marine trophie to be rewarded. :D

What class would the Discus fall into???

ron

Anyone wanting to know the show classes, send me an email and I'll email you the FNZAS show class and pointing booklet. It lists all the classes and shows how fish are pointed. It's in your interest to know these things so you can maximise your chances of winning.

May I also remind you the show is only open to FNZAS members, not website only members. To be a FNZAS member, you must be a financial member of a FNZAS affiliated club. It's not too late to join if you want to enter fish in the show, just follow the link below to show you where the nearest club is to you:

http://www.fnzas.org.nz/clubs/

Good Luck!!

I also corrected the spelling in the copy I have in the AW. It is TROPHY not trophie :roll: :lol:

Dave, if you are making changes to that I need to know ASAP before the AW goes to print (hopefully next week).

Hi everyone,

Hopefully buy the middle of next week at the latest anyone local should start seing the posters advertising the National fish show at supporting shops.

They should be good so keep your eyes peeled. :o:o:o

Glad to hear everyone is looking forward to the show, I sure no I am.

Cheers for now

Helen :D

• 2 weeks later...

Okay team. Have organised a national fishshow meeting at the venue at 4pm next sunday before our club meeting. This is to put together our final blueprint of our show layout etc. Encourge all members of the Waikato club to come along and join the elite group of organisers :hail::hail::hail: and get involed in this awsome event

Dave :D:D

• 2 weeks later...

Loopy wants to know if the fish entered needs to be bred buy the owner and not bought. She is thinking of coming up for it. Also would there be any chance in borrowing a setup for the comp? It would be a bit awkward to take a tank on the plane.

Cheers

Mr Loopy