Everything posted by fishy_t
-
WTB Tropheus, Frontossa, where and what to pay
Yep he changes colour quite a bit, seems to get a bit darker just before dinner time. The tank it's self is pretty dark too with one white tube at the back and one blue tube at the front, which makes him look dark in some photos (combined with my crap fish photography skills) but he is more than happy... I'll be sad to see them go but want to try something new and I can only have the one tank at the mo
-
Where can I buy Slate? - Welly
There is a really good landscaping place in Happy Valley near the broklyn dump that has loads of really cool types of rock - not too expensive either - I'm sure they'd have slate...
-
Frontosa Colony on TM - vetting the buyer????
My flatmate works high up in trademe, and its allowed... I think its good too - I wouldn't want my fronts going to someone who couldn't look after them...
-
Post your Puppy!
ohhh! Congrats faran here is mine (left) and my flatmates (right)
-
Underwater camera.
Haha thanks Not sure about beautiful - it think its a bit weird, but the point is its a fun camera and you can take some cool pics with it!
-
My new frontosa tank!
haha! yes.... I'll tell you all when I see you, it's actually quality gosip!!
-
My new frontosa tank!
Haha yeah there are lots on nice fish out there!!
-
My new frontosa tank!
$50 each when they are tiny is pretty standard, they aren't cheap. And they got to about 25/30cm too so they need a big tank... They are a good fish to aim to keep once you’ve got some experience and are sure you want to keep big fish that need BIG tanks - I've been looking forward to keeping them for years and years now, and they haven't been a disappointment!
- My new frontosa tank!
-
My new frontosa tank!
do you mean mine? I do have a name!! They are called Frontosa(s) (hence the thread is called "My new Frontosa tank" )
-
Underwater camera.
Yeah they are pretty good cameras, I talked my mum into getting one last year (so I can borrow it when I go snorkelling!) here's one I took with it at Able Tasman over chrissy They are a lot of fun!
-
My new frontosa tank!
Ta When are you coming back to welly next? We'll have to catch up, so much has been going on!
-
Faces to Names
Oh and I keep forgetting to show you guys - this is pretty much an extension of me, and I thought you might appreciate my plate :
-
Faces to Names
OMG!!! It's the Stoff!! I didn't realise you were a fish geek!!! oh, this is me
-
Hauturu- Little Barrier
thanks for sharing, great pics!!
-
My new frontosa tank!
Good to hear it, I'm sure he's feeling safer now he's got some company
-
My new frontosa tank!
Thanks guys I thought I might put a line of vallis along the back of the tank... any thoughts?! I'll either look good or ruin it but I'm not sure!!
-
My new frontosa tank!
I've got 4 left at the mo, which should be OK for a while yet... Although if it does start to get too cramped I might have to sell of one more male (I've got 2m & 2f left). The females really are still WAY smaller than the males, so at the moment they have tonnes of room, but yeah - I'll play it by ear
-
My new frontosa tank!
Hey guys, Just thought you might like to see my new tank! The fish are still getting settled in, but I think the tank is looking awesome! I've been wanting to set up a tank like this for 2 years now so I'm glad I've finally done it! It’s a 300l Jewel tank with flash T5 lights (one of them is a blue marine tube) and I’m very happy with it! The pics don’t really show the blue colour very well, in real life it's much more vivid!
-
scoria as extra bio filtration
I've used scoria and it was great, you do need to wash it lots but it makes a great media and when I used it, it didn't mess with the water parameters as far I as could see...
-
Cichlids in Aust
There is a good one in 'the valley' in brisbane if you are going there... they had a colony of wild fronts when I was there last year
-
Festivums
Yeah for sure! Mine were in a community and going great with congo tetras, a few gouramis, corys and all sorts, but once they get big they get REALLY nasty. (actually REALLY nasty!)
-
New tank for Rift lake Africans
Ohhh! how exciting, good luck! Do you want a syno?! I'll give him to you if you want him, he's about 15cm and fully grown, so should be ok in your tank... I think they are good to have cause they do a good job of cleaning up extra food! let me know
-
Festivums
They are VERY VERY aggressive!!!! Only get them if you want to keep them by themselves... I used to have some, a friend was looking after them for me and they killed one of his $100 plecs Now THATS expensive!!
-
Electric Yellows
Very interesting, maybe Yellow's aren't so bad after all! :lol: