National Fish Shows

Warren

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave I do hope you have organised someone to take pics and send me results etc. I am holding the November magazine back so I can add the Fish Show (it would normally go to print the next week so it would be posted 1st week of Nov)

The show venue is the Westpac Trust Exhibition Hall which is next to the foyer beside the information centre. There are two main Carparks via Gate 1 and 2 ethier of them have the same distance of walking to venue bout 100mtrs :D . When you arrive come and see me and i am sure we can use the service entrance to venue as what we are doing for displays etc

12 days till Benching :hail::hail:

Dave

It will be great to see you all here. Getting a little bit nervous hoping that i haven't missed anything as this is a first on this large scale for us. Container arrive safely from napier today and we are starting to set up show as from next tuesday. Aim to have all outer displays like national aquarium, ponds, reptilez, Doc, mahurangi tech, native fish displays , live tropical butterfly display , display tanks and get national stands ready by thrusday so then on friday the team can focus on all of us hobbyist to ensure that we do everything possible to keep fish in good health and help with benching fish etc ready for the doors to open next Saturady. The cover charge is only $2.00 there is a few raffles, you can catch your own goldfish, auction and prizgiving on sunday night, dinner on saturday night for only 25$ per head at ruakura clubrooms so there is plenty to do. Hamilton gardens also have some great theme gardens that are well worth a vist..

Anthoy the western bay club is over your way they are a keen group of fishkeepers.

Looking forward to seeing you all here next weekend

Dave :D:D

Things are looking great for the National Fish Show. I have processed 329 Entry's with a few more to come. Most of the classes are represented, and a couple of classes with 20+ entry's. Looking forward to seeing everyone who has entered on benching day.

5 MORE SLEEPS TO GO

Hi,

For all of you fellow fish keepers that will be entering the national fish show we have now got the Saturday night dinner and prize giving venue confirmed.

This will be held at:

Ruakura Social Club Rooms,

Ruakura Research campus,

Hamilton,

Starting at 7pm.

Dinner will cost:

$25.00 per Adult

$12.50 under 12 years old.

Free under 5 years old.

There is a bar on site which will be open till late at your own expense.

You can pay with you entry fee, just let Richard Littin know what you have payed for, or you can pay before benching.

Numbers will need to be confirmed for the dinner one week before hand.

There will be more details sent out to all clubs A.S.A.P.

Hope to see you all there,

Helen and Shane.

Anyone that intends to attend this dinner, can you please pm me with numbers, as we need to give caterers numbers.

Just wanting to check what needs to be done if you want to be at the auction? I'm coming down on Sunday & hope to hang around for the auction but thought I'd better check if you need to register or anything? All sounds great and really looking forward to Sunday :P

Rebecca

Well it has been a long day 1 of the National Fish Show

We ran into a few problems but nothing we cant overcome

9am this morning, laying things out

NFS07Day1006.jpg

NFS07Day1004.jpg

NFS07Day1003.jpg

Show stands

NFS07Day1049.jpg

Why you shouldn't stack hundreds of tanks on one side of the truck

NFS07Day1019.jpg

Things coming together

NFS07Day1047.jpg

Got tanks????

NFS07Day1046.jpg

The Prize Giving will be on sunday, followed by a casual dinner (gold coin donation), then the auction to follow. You will have to register to bid at the auction, which can be done on the day.

The Auction will be on Sunday, you will have to register to bid,