Everything posted by blueether
-
Native/bugs tank log
The 'limpets' are cool, I have a few. They are actually a snail :-? The bugs that I have outside in buckets don't seem to have built up numbers at all so no easy live food for the little bullies in my native tank. The bugs in the little tank on my desk/window sill are doing well with the populations going up and down all the time, both of the diving beetles have gone but there are still some shrimp there. Good luck with yours sophia
- Game --- Last two letters
- Game --- Last two letters
-
native plants
I don't believe it is unless it is in a reserve/DOC land etc. Endangered plants/moss might well be illegal to collect - things like Fissidens berteroi that is only known from a few locations now. Have a look at Chara and Nitella spp as well, both complex algae.
-
native plants
Lemna and Azolla filiculoides for the surface Glossosigma for the bottom off the top of my head see http://www.fnzas.org.nz/index.php?PG=NIWAPlant for some others
-
BASIC MARINE STARTER GUIDE
and how many cold marine tanks in NZ have a small snapper or two in them? I know that the tank that we had when I was growing up did
-
breeding frogs
Then you need a dimmer for the lights, the boy frog wont think that this is needed but the girl frog will, or will wants lots of candles.
-
Game --- Last two letters
retard (ed) Edited
-
help catching fish"
I was going to suggest KCN, will have the same effect and wont blow the fuse board off the wall
-
Tank stands
I take it that you trained the youngest?
- Game --- Last two letters
-
What could this be?!
Two of the new bits of wood that I have placed in my newly setup (using old filter media) tank have white gray 'algae' that has developed in the last few days. Both bits are well aged and native timber - very hard and dense, both sunk with no problems even though one had been dry for at least 12 years. I'll try and get a pic later, the same stuff?
-
What does your desktop look like?
And you don't have to worry about which mouse button to click :-?
- Game --- Last two letters
-
Frog ID Please!
wrong thread, and it is a Tui :facepalm:
-
AnyEarly Childhood teachers out there?
I'll see if my brother and sister-in-law have them, but they did most of their certs in Aus.
-
What does your desktop look like?
You have to double click in windows :sick:? What a lot of wasted clicks... [Edit] Meh, I was going to delete this post and edit my last one but this forum fails :evil:
-
Tanklog of a ~400L 1200mm Native Tank - New photos 02/07/12
Some more pics HDR / Tonemapped One fat smelt Unknown moss
-
What does your desktop look like?
Or how many were on mine :lol:
-
Game --- Last two letters
Did you first replace the user? lyttelton
-
incubator
terrapin eggs on toast?
-
Tanklog of a ~400L 1200mm Native Tank - New photos 02/07/12
The tank has been setup with nearly 300l for almost 2 weeks now so have decided it must be about time to post a pic of the current setup Sorry about all the reflections on the glass... Have a black sand substrate with 2 large bits of driftwood and another 3 smaller bits, I need to get more small rocks for the smaller bullies to hide in. Did away with the polystyrene idea when I found the large but of drift wood on the left of the tank. Is about 550mm * 700mm * 150mm high, full of holes and dips/bumps and slightly dished. Current stocking: ~12 smelt ~8 inanga ~8 bullies - common/Cran's 2 red fin bullies 2 koura Plants: Unidentified moss Unidentified grass - arrived with one lot of live food I collected Lemma Glossostigma - not doing very well, only a very small plant, not enough light?
-
Game --- Last two letters
[user] error [, replace user and press any key to continue]
-
What does your desktop look like?
There are some nice backgrounds around
- Game --- Last two letters