Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

blueether

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by blueether

  1. The 'limpets' are cool, I have a few. They are actually a snail :-? The bugs that I have outside in buckets don't seem to have built up numbers at all so no easy live food for the little bullies in my native tank. The bugs in the little tank on my desk/window sill are doing well with the populations going up and down all the time, both of the diving beetles have gone but there are still some shrimp there. Good luck with yours sophia
  2. Isis
  3. Isis
  4. I don't believe it is unless it is in a reserve/DOC land etc. Endangered plants/moss might well be illegal to collect - things like Fissidens berteroi that is only known from a few locations now. Have a look at Chara and Nitella spp as well, both complex algae.
  5. Lemna and Azolla filiculoides for the surface Glossosigma for the bottom off the top of my head see http://www.fnzas.org.nz/index.php?PG=NIWAPlant for some others
  6. and how many cold marine tanks in NZ have a small snapper or two in them? I know that the tank that we had when I was growing up did
  7. Then you need a dimmer for the lights, the boy frog wont think that this is needed but the girl frog will, or will wants lots of candles.
  8. retard (ed) Edited
  9. I was going to suggest KCN, will have the same effect and wont blow the fuse board off the wall
  10. I take it that you trained the youngest?
  11. remedies
  12. Two of the new bits of wood that I have placed in my newly setup (using old filter media) tank have white gray 'algae' that has developed in the last few days. Both bits are well aged and native timber - very hard and dense, both sunk with no problems even though one had been dry for at least 12 years. I'll try and get a pic later, the same stuff?
  13. And you don't have to worry about which mouse button to click :-?
  14. inanga
  15. wrong thread, and it is a Tui :facepalm:
  16. I'll see if my brother and sister-in-law have them, but they did most of their certs in Aus.
  17. You have to double click in windows :sick:? What a lot of wasted clicks... [Edit] Meh, I was going to delete this post and edit my last one but this forum fails :evil:
  18. Some more pics HDR / Tonemapped One fat smelt Unknown moss
  19. Or how many were on mine :lol:
  20. Did you first replace the user? lyttelton
  21. terrapin eggs on toast?
  22. The tank has been setup with nearly 300l for almost 2 weeks now so have decided it must be about time to post a pic of the current setup Sorry about all the reflections on the glass... Have a black sand substrate with 2 large bits of driftwood and another 3 smaller bits, I need to get more small rocks for the smaller bullies to hide in. Did away with the polystyrene idea when I found the large but of drift wood on the left of the tank. Is about 550mm * 700mm * 150mm high, full of holes and dips/bumps and slightly dished. Current stocking: ~12 smelt ~8 inanga ~8 bullies - common/Cran's 2 red fin bullies 2 koura Plants: Unidentified moss Unidentified grass - arrived with one lot of live food I collected Lemma Glossostigma - not doing very well, only a very small plant, not enough light?
  23. [user] error [, replace user and press any key to continue]
  24. There are some nice backgrounds around
  25. thesaurus

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.