Grammar and spelling

Adrienne

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After all, Dr Seuss said "one fish, two fish" etc. and I don't think the species was relevant.

What Dr Seuss says, goes :dnc1:

If you dont ( ;) ) care about the species then fish would be fine. If you are talking about species then things change.

you can be assured that people come to the fishroom to discuss fish, not potato chips, regardless of how they spell it. as long as it's obvious what someone is trying to say, then i don't care how they spell it. i wouldn't expect anybody to go out of their way to rectify something that is nothing but my own nit-picking.

you can be assured that people come to the fishroom to discuss fish, not potato chips, regardless of how they spell it. as long as it's obvious what someone is trying to say, then i don't care how they spell it. i wouldn't expect anybody to go out of their way to rectify something that is nothing but my own nit-picking.

And next, proper capitalization... :slfg:

Capitalisation :ton:

American spelling avoids -ise endings in words like organize, realize and recognize.[35] British spelling mostly uses -ise, while -ize is also used (organise / organize, realise / realize, recognise / recognize):[35] the ratio between -ise and -ize stands at 3:2 in the British National Corpus.[36]

Worldwide, -ize endings prevail in scientific writing and are commonly used by many international organizations, such as the International Organization for Standardization and the World Health Organization.

So, pbpbpbttt :ton: