Dispose of unwanted fish in trash? World issues solved here!

GrahamC

Physics says that until we can equate what infinity requires we must look at it as if it is its own number with its own set of laws.

The earth didn't just "happen" to be in the right place at the right time. About 4.5 billion to 5 billion years ago the earth was a lot hotter, had very little if any atmosphere and was spinning a lot faster. A normal day is presumed to be around 3-4 hours at this point. We know now through isotopic analysis that the moon was once part of the earth, its still widely thought that the planet had a collision with another planet called "Theia", the reason that is now being discouraged as common understanding in the science community is because, had the moon been created from a collision we would have found foreign isotopic entities on it. Around 4 billion years ago, due to pressures, heat and the speed at which the planet was revolving, a chunk or series of, literally broke up and where caught in the earths gravitational base. These eventually collided together to become the moon, immediately tidally locked to the planet (meaning you only ever see one face of a moon). This created the right circumstance and interaction between the sun moon and earth that caused it to slow. About 200 million years down the track we have atmosphere and our first forms of life.

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The earth didn't just "happen" to be in the right place at the right time.

So you're saying that it all happened because someone put it here? I understand that an extraordinary series of events happened which led to carbon based lifeforms but it all comes down to sheer coincidence really. The asteroid that struck earth which led to the creation of the moon could have missed, had Earth not been in the right place at the right time.

Its thought that at one point the earth was almost entirely covered in 2 different species of algae, one was purple and one was green, what made the green algae unique was its photosynthetic abilities and consequently it became the dominant species, but everything started from there, scientists like to consider the evolutionary process of the plant had the purple algae been dominant. Safe to say we wouldn't be human though.

I meant impactor not asteroid (Sunday brain) :oops:

I really don't care how we got here, all I know is that it's amazing we are here :D

and that's the right attitude, when you consider the ramifications of either process both turn out to be miraculous, so counting on that i think its safe to assume we should look at our chance at life as the biggest gift and be thankful for it and not waste and squander the human potential of it all.

God was basically just a space human, his spectrum of emotion was exactly the same as ours, life started cause he got lonely and then slowly through a course of events he decided somewhere down the track that we were good for a time but he's to angry now and we can't reason with him, (like most space humans) so he's gonna kills us and judge us all (in that order) and in this sense we've traveled the full emotional spectrum with God. I'm sure after another few millennia of loneliness after we are all gone he will just start again, perhaps humans 2.0? he may actually completely scrap that model and start again, even though he's God he still made some mistakes and i'm sure he's figured out where the improvements need to be. If i was him i would seriously consider cybertron just with a few tweaks and maybe not make the decepticons.

I make big bangs on a regular basis.

What a coincidence. More chance of winning lotto---must get a ticket.

The day they prove gpd is the day I will buy weekly lotto tickets.

so counting on that i think its safe to assume we should look at our chance at life as the biggest gift and be thankful for it and not waste and squander the human potential of it all.

Maybe we were intended to squander our chance origianly or not even develop to the point that we are today but by some freaky chance some organisim didnt do its job well enough, and now we somehow managed to be where we are today, beleveing we are a superior in the big scheme of things.

maybe this is a trial planet and was inteended to workout if we as a species are able to live in a new universe of full harmony but then someone made a spear and attacked another and that chance is now over and we are left doomed to fend for ourselves on earth. all of that may sound a little far fetched, but so does a lot of other thoughts that have been thrown around for years upon years.

unfortunitly our technology and science isnt going to be able to answer much in any of our life times. its a shame really

God was basically just a space human
aka an alien? does that make you think that we are not alone....

If i was him i would seriously consider cybertron just with a few tweaks and maybe not make the decepticons.
:sml1: :sml1: :sml1: the decepticons are the rad, maybe they are fighting for the right side and the autobots have brainwashed us all in to thinking diffrently

unfortunitly our technology and science isnt going to be able to answer much in any of our life times. its a shame really

Lol.. what? arnt you like a teenage boy? I think you'll find the time period you've been born into is unique in the fact that we will most likely see a lot of change and new understandings of everything and the relationships between them, plenty of time yet mate, don't you worry about that :thup: .

Lol.. what? arnt you like a teenage boy? I think you'll find the time period you've been born into is unique in the fact that we will most likely see a lot of change and new understandings of everything and the relationships between them, plenty of time yet mate, don't you worry about that :thup: .

Umm no but I wish I was a teenage boy again sadly I am not and drwing closer to 30 everyday.what makes you think I am a teenage boy? are you trying to groom me.... :sml1: :slfg: I doubt that what we currenlty have and what we will have in my daughters generation ( yes I am old enough to have children of my own) will be anywere near enough to prove anything. yes we will see changes and yes CURRENT technology may be good for this period of time but in the grand sheme of things we are only just finding fire. If in how many years it has been that humans have been looking at the sky we have only managed to land on a small proportion of available planets. big picture we are still only poping out of the womb when its comes to out space

the technology is changing faster and faster, unfortunately it is based on $$$$ which means that it has slowed down considerably in the last few years.... also the changes are less noticeable, in my lifetime computers became a possibility in the home, now they are so powerful I've gotten completely behind, but a jump in computing power, even though a huge technological advance is no where near as noticable as the ability for a home to actually have a computer.

if you have a hunt round you may find some exciting things happening in quantum physics, like the laser that can detect ripples in the space time continuum and what they are planning to do with several satellites to create a massive telescope that should be able to see planets on the nearest stars.

what we really need is another cold war to start the funding again instead of this incessant killing for oil we have atm

I understand that an extraordinary series of events happened which led to carbon based lifeforms but it all comes down to sheer coincidence really. The asteroid that struck earth which led to the creation of the moon could have missed, had Earth not been in the right place at the right time.

I think Stephen Hawking commented on this a while ago. If it hadn't happened we would not be here to wonder at the extra-ordinary series of events.