Dispose of unwanted fish in trash? World issues solved here!

GrahamC

nuclear fission is actually very interesting, there is a sort of natural anti-nuclear reaction humanity has because of what the word "nuclear" has traditionally stood for and been associated with to - negative light.

For NZ to be nuclear free we'd have to blot the sun out!

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“The annualised average of five deaths caused by terrorism in England and Wales over this period compares with total accidental deaths in 2010 of 17,201, including 123 cyclists killed in traffic accidents, 102 personnel killed in Afghanistan, 29 people drowned in the bathtub and five killed by stings from hornets, wasps and bees.”

hrmmmm..... im not to fussed by the terrorists, what really scares me is that my bathtub is almost 6 times more likely to kill me than a bee :o

hrmmmm..... im not to fussed by the terrorists, what really scares me is that my bathtub is almost 6 times more likely to kill me than a bee :o

5 deaths from the three so it could well be that your bath tub is upwards of 15 times more likely to try and kill you

One of the most interesting books I've read is A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson. If you like science a little but not too much it's a good book. Very well written I thought. He talks about Evolution and the birth of our earth in such a way that even if it were a big accident, that it was still a humbling miracle in itself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Short_Hi ... Everything

Great book, I thoroughly enjoyed reading it!

If you're interested about evolution, Richard Dawkins book The Selfish Gene and the origin of species would be a good place to start.

Just remember the idea of Creationism is 5000 plus years old and the modern concept of evolution is less than 200 years old and it's still developing and expanding.

If you want an example of evolution all you have to do is look at how bacteria have become resistant to antibiotics, that is evolution in action.

5000 years ago the world was flat and held up by elephants and turtles---them were the days. Now we know for sure that it is round, created in 6 days is 6000 years old and all the worlds animals were rescued in a big boat. As well as that we know that tanawhas are mythology and we are going to allow people to start there own schools to educate our kids in these truths. We have progressed a lot since the wourld was flat. It will be your kids and your money. Don't vote it only encourages them