Birth Country

Caryl

F15hguy perhaps we are related as my husband's family populated the Rai too. In fact one of his ancestors was said to have married the last full blooded maori in the area (much to the horror of both sides).

My family came to NZ in 1858 (on my mum's side) but dad's side came later from Denmark.

Aussie born, but mum is pakeha, only recently met my mums biological family as she was adopted. dads Malaysian, been in nz on and off for first 16 years then move over here 11 odd years ago. Family has lived in waikanae since the mid 50's. so I count myself a kiwi lol.

Kiwi - ish. Grandma (Mums side) was a refugee during WW2, sent to NZ shortly after. Grandpa was in the Navy, came here and joined her. Made lots of ickle grandbubbies like me.. :lol:

Dad is dutch, came over here for OE when he was 21, fell in :love: never left.

Getting itchy feet to travel myself, but what will I do with the critters!!!! &c:ry

I was born here, one relative moved from Co Kerry to NZ in about 1840-0something.

Another branch I haven't been able to trace back completely yet.

Another branch arrived from Fife, Scotland (via London where the ship left port) on Jan 29 1913, and arrived in Wellington March 17th 1913. He lived a good portion of his life in Mangaweka.

And I come from the family line of MacDonald (maiden name)... from the Massacre of Glencoe fame too..

My husband is related to Mary, Queen of Scots. (This explains his psychotic nature... damned Tudors LOL)

NZ Born, Both sides of my family were here pre-treaty. My mum's side came here in 1830's as an engineer. Maped the rangitikei on horse back and then constructed most of the original bridges, still farming marton to this day. My dad's side came here and caused trouble for the crown and bred with Maori woman in trade agreements. Both sides mostly Irish - makes sense, I'm about as kiwi as it gets i guess built on the blood of the mongrels of the world - the Irish :slfg: .