how NOT to get into a stream!

Stella

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe you can get some sponsorship from the car manufacturer ... tough enough to roll down 100s of metres with only a few scratches! ( even with no roll bars ) The report in today's Dominion Post was a bit scarier .. it said your head had to be supported to prevent you from drowning!

Maybe you can get some sponsorship from the car manufacturer ... tough enough to roll down 100s of metres with only a few scratches! ( even with no roll bars )

I just can't get over that my camera survived!! It was in my shoulder bag bouncing around in the back seat. First thing I did when I became lucid again was to get someone to take photos. SO freaking typical of me!

The report in today's Dominion Post was a bit scarier .. it said your head had to be supported to prevent you from drowning!

The newspaper reports are getting weirder and weirder. Do NOT read the cover of the Wanganui Chronicle today! What part of 'I felt calm when we were rolling' and 'the crumpled ute looked hilarious in the beautiful stream' translates into "MY CRASH HORROR"?!

I am so embarrassed.

Had a rough night emotionally. The aches and exhaustion and banged up brain finally broke me.

Typical media reaction - "I felt calm when we were rolling" doesn't sell papers or generate clicks.

I had an acquaintance who's ex was murdered a few years ago. After knowing the inside story, then seeing how the media distorted and sensationalised the facts, I don't trust anything I see in the media any more :-? It's only gotten worse with the transition to web based news. They are so desperate to generate site visits for ad revenue that they sensationalise everything now.

RadioNZ is one of the few impartial web news sites, IMHO.

Having said all that, you were fortunate not to be badly injured, or worse :bow:

• 4 weeks later...

Oh my gosh Stella :o

I'm so sorry to read all this but SUPER glad that you and your friend didn't suffer more than you did. I sure hope you feel better real soon.

I'd have to agree with Ira ( :o did I just type that). I thought you were older only because when I was on here a few years ago. You spoke (you were still writing your book) like someone who had years and years of experience. You must have started when you were a toddler. Because you're still a very, very young lady! You are a beautiful young lady (bruises and all) :bow:

Now, I do recall how dedicated you were...but really...even I agree there must be easier ways to get to a stream :wink:

Take care!

Caper :P