September 25, 201115 yr comment_455681 Just to let people know, a number of pastors in chch got together about this and believe its totally incorrect so even from that point the churches don't believe it, if that helps peoples nerves. If you can, I wouldn't worry about it, from people who know, the lady who started it is a bit weird. I notice her prediction talks about Christchurch and Kaiapoi etc being hit but it will apparently conveniently miss her house in Amberly. Go figure Well in regards to The End of the World... it says in the bible that no one will know when it's going to happen (when Jesus is going to return) and that he will be like a thief in the night. So that would be why any Christian who knows what they are talking about, would not believe all these TEOTW predictions. But natural disasters are a different story ... sometimes we can predict them with the help of science. But you can't predict an earthquake or tsunami or volcanic eruption based on when there was last one. Report
September 25, 201115 yr comment_455682 Come on people! People have been predicting the end of the world (unsuccessfully I might add) since records began. Why anyone would take any notice, or be worried about it, is beyond me. :roll: Report
September 25, 201115 yr comment_455683 It is all statistics. You can be 85% sure that you are 95% right 87% of the time. Lies,damn lies and statistics Report
September 25, 201115 yr comment_455684 It is all statistics. You can be 85% sure that you are 95% right 87% of the time. Lies,damn lies and statistics So your right 70% of the time :rotf: But really yeah I agree. They can't determine nothing. An earthquake will happen when there is enough energy built up for an earthquake to happen. They can not calculate when and where it will happen Report
September 26, 201115 yr comment_455703 @ aquariumbeginner32. Exactly, just goes to show they don't know what they're talking about. :facepalm: Anyone else kinda looking forward to the Zombie Apocalypse? I have to say I'd pick a baseball bat over a cricket bat though, looks more serious I think. And everyone knows looks are what will count at that point. :slfg: Report
September 26, 201115 yr comment_455707 Surprised we haven't had a prediction like this: Watch out for a zombie uprising! Get your cricket bats ready. We can't have a zombie uprising yet! I don't have a good zombie gun! Report
September 26, 201115 yr Author comment_455709 This one movie I remember seeing as a teen, the one person had a garden spade as a weapon and they survived, so I will just keep the gardening equipment inside for that Zombie attack :thup: Report
September 26, 201115 yr comment_455716 @ aquariumbeginner32. Exactly, just goes to show they don't know what they're talking about. :facepalm: Anyone else kinda looking forward to the Zombie Apocalypse? I have to say I'd pick a baseball bat over a cricket bat though, looks more serious I think. And everyone knows looks are what will count at that point. :slfg: I think anything Zombie is cool. I used to love playing Resident Evil on my bfs playstation. I find them scarier than Vampires. But I do love Vampires too. Can't wait for The Walking Dead and Vampire Diaries to come back on. I'll never forget the night I was watching Vampire Diaries and went to make myself a hot drink and we'd run out of coffee and my hubby asked me if I had coffee and I said "no, we don't have any blood" :sml1: :sml1: I would definitely choose a gun that can shoot long range though, to kill Zombies, so I don't have to get close to them. :thup: Report
September 26, 201115 yr comment_455732 how can they be overdue when the due date is just an average time between events? OK, statistically over due then, minor point... An earthquake will happen when there is enough energy built up for an earthquake to happen. They can not calculate when and where it will happenWell in some rock structures they can to with a day or three. If you have the right type of rock and are looking for static electricity build up and discharge you can build quite good models for future (within a few days) events. Think of the ground working like a piezo lighter in a BBQ :sage: Report
September 26, 201115 yr comment_455792 Sorry, big wednesday's mine this time, you can have the next... And the problem with guns and zombies is that you just end up attracting more with the loud noises, so guns are a last resort thing anyway . I was under the belief that the fault lines under chch were pretty hard to see in that sense so theres no predicting them around here though? Report
September 26, 201115 yr comment_455795 Sorry, big wednesday's mine this time, you can have the next... And the problem with guns and zombies is that you just end up attracting more with the loud noises, so guns are a last resort thing anyway . I was under the belief that the fault lines under chch were pretty hard to see in that sense so theres no predicting them around here though? lol on The Walking Dead anyway... that's the first time I heard that. Hey anyway, you could use a gun with a silencer and they wouldn't hear it :thup: :lol: Report
September 27, 201115 yr comment_455840 Ah, but a cross bow as a long range weapon would be better? Report
September 27, 201115 yr comment_455847 hopefully the world will end so then I dont have to hand in my assignement due on the 30th..must start it soon... pffft who needs another degree anyway right always work for the working Report
September 27, 201115 yr comment_455886 Someone has been watching too much Shaun of the Dead... Report
September 27, 201115 yr comment_455889 Ah, but a cross bow as a long range weapon would be better? If you know how to use one I have never used one, but I've target practiced with guns and tin cans before. Report
September 27, 201115 yr comment_455928 Ah, but a cross bow as a long range weapon would be better? the time it takes to reload it could be an issue Report
September 27, 201115 yr comment_455932 Depends, are we talking about the slow shuffling zombies or the fast running ones? Report
September 27, 201115 yr Author comment_455935 That is why my garden equipment will be good weapons. A spade, A sharp fork and oooh oooh a petrol run chainsaw :nilly: Report
September 27, 201115 yr comment_455950 That is why my garden equipment will be good weapons. A spade, A sharp fork and oooh oooh a petrol run chainsaw :nilly: I would go for the chainsaw. With spades and forks you have to raise it or move it before taking another swing/jab. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.