28 September, What will happen?

mcrudd

Just to let people know, a number of pastors in chch got together about this and believe its totally incorrect so even from that point the churches don't believe it, if that helps peoples nerves.

If you can, I wouldn't worry about it, from people who know, the lady who started it is a bit weird. I notice her prediction talks about Christchurch and Kaiapoi etc being hit but it will apparently conveniently miss her house in Amberly. Go figure

Well in regards to The End of the World... it says in the bible that no one will know when it's going to happen (when Jesus is going to return) and that he will be like a thief in the night. So that would be why any Christian who knows what they are talking about, would not believe all these TEOTW predictions. But natural disasters are a different story ... sometimes we can predict them with the help of science. But you can't predict an earthquake or tsunami or volcanic eruption based on when there was last one.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is all statistics. You can be 85% sure that you are 95% right 87% of the time. Lies,damn lies and statistics

So your right 70% of the time :rotf:

But really yeah I agree. They can't determine nothing. An earthquake will happen when there is enough energy built up for an earthquake to happen. They can not calculate when and where it will happen

@ aquariumbeginner32. Exactly, just goes to show they don't know what they're talking about. :facepalm:

Anyone else kinda looking forward to the Zombie Apocalypse? I have to say I'd pick a baseball bat over a cricket bat though, looks more serious I think. And everyone knows looks are what will count at that point. :slfg:

@ aquariumbeginner32. Exactly, just goes to show they don't know what they're talking about. :facepalm:

Anyone else kinda looking forward to the Zombie Apocalypse? I have to say I'd pick a baseball bat over a cricket bat though, looks more serious I think. And everyone knows looks are what will count at that point. :slfg:

I think anything Zombie is cool. I used to love playing Resident Evil on my bfs playstation. I find them scarier than Vampires. But I do love Vampires too. Can't wait for The Walking Dead and Vampire Diaries to come back on. I'll never forget the night I was watching Vampire Diaries and went to make myself a hot drink and we'd run out of coffee and my hubby asked me if I had coffee and I said "no, we don't have any blood" :sml1: :sml1:

I would definitely choose a gun that can shoot long range though, to kill Zombies, so I don't have to get close to them. :thup:

how can they be overdue when the due date is just an average time between events?

OK, statistically over due then, minor point...

An earthquake will happen when there is enough energy built up for an earthquake to happen. They can not calculate when and where it will happen
Well in some rock structures they can to with a day or three. If you have the right type of rock and are looking for static electricity build up and discharge you can build quite good models for future (within a few days) events. Think of the ground working like a piezo lighter in a BBQ :sage:

Sorry, big wednesday's mine this time, you can have the next...

And the problem with guns and zombies is that you just end up attracting more with the loud noises, so guns are a last resort thing anyway .

I was under the belief that the fault lines under chch were pretty hard to see in that sense so theres no predicting them around here though?

Sorry, big wednesday's mine this time, you can have the next...

And the problem with guns and zombies is that you just end up attracting more with the loud noises, so guns are a last resort thing anyway .

I was under the belief that the fault lines under chch were pretty hard to see in that sense so theres no predicting them around here though?

lol on The Walking Dead anyway... that's the first time I heard that. Hey anyway, you could use a gun with a silencer and they wouldn't hear it :thup: :lol: