28 September, What will happen?

mcrudd

I heard that Christchurch will be hit by a massive quake, some super clever people predicted it, but now I am hearing that it will be the whole NZ and that Lake Taupo will errupt and take out most of the north island :facepalm: Where do people get these predictions :roll:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't even count on my hands how many times the world was going to end by predictions. I remember several as a child and now as a adult, but even many before I was born. I wish people would stop predicting nonsense and just start living, they are making people live in fear its so upsetting :an!gry

even if the predictions were true what would you do, book a flight and leave the country? it's business as usual really isn't it. Even when Ken Ring and the Earthquake commission people were predicting stuff in christchurch that wasn't far off the mark most people didn't do anything about it.

Shut up shut up shut up!!!! :o :tears:

I completely agree with you mcrudd. What do they think anyone can do to stop these things even if they are right? I think I'd rather not know and at least be able to live my last days happy and not in fear. It's even harder when you have children. Who wants to think about their little kiddies having to go through horrible things like that?

Taupo is so stupidly overdue for an eruption, but i'd be willing to bet it won't be in my lifetime.

My friend, who is the ultimate freak when it comes to the world ending, sent me a txt a couple of months ago to let me know about the big event taking place this Wednesday. Not long to go now. :wink:

Shut up shut up shut up!!!! :o :tears:

I completely agree with you mcrudd. What do they think anyone can do to stop these things even if they are right? I think I'd rather not know and at least be able to live my last days happy and not in fear. It's even harder when you have children. Who wants to think about their little kiddies having to go through horrible things like that?

That is exactly how I feel :tears: I hate thinking of my children getting swept away by a tsunami or being hurt at school and I can't get to them, the prediction people is a real pain, I wish they would just keep it to themselfs :an!gry

Taupo is so stupidly overdue for an eruption, but i'd be willing to bet it won't be in my lifetime.

My friend, who is the ultimate freak when it comes to the world ending, sent me a txt a couple of months ago to let me know about the big event taking place this Wednesday. Not long to go now. :wink:

I doubt taupo will erupt anytime soon. Been inactive for yonks.

there was a leaflet distributed around chch about this, with religious undertones , i have a real hate for hell-fire preaching and this is why

many of my workmates wives and g/fs were freaked out by this. i found the whole thing distasteful and if i find out which organisation distributed these they will know more about they end of the world

That is exactly how I feel :tears: I hate thinking of my children getting swept away by a tsunami or being hurt at school and I can't get to them, the prediction people is a real pain, I wish they would just keep it to themselfs :an!gry

Yep unless they can tell us WHAT we can do to save our lives lol We could build an ark like Noah... but how many people could you fit in one ark? They would save the 'important' people like politicians/government etc FIRST, then doctors/nurses and other people we can't live without before ordinary people like myself would even get thought about. So I'd rather just live in ignorance lol

there was a leaflet distributed around chch about this, with religious undertones , i have a real hate for hell-fire preaching and this is why

many of my workmates wives and g/fs were freaked out by this. i found the whole thing distasteful and if i find out which organisation distributed these they will know more about they end of the world

Yeah I completely agree. Christchurch have been through enough. I am a Christian but I would never do that sort of thing. And just because I'm a Christian does not mean I'm not afraid of dying. It's the suffering before dying I'm afraid of. I'm not afraid of what's going to happen after I die. Well, maybe a little.... lol but it's the physical pain and emotional pain of TEOTW (the end of the world) I'm concerned about. And pushing religion on people never works. I know from personal experience. I've had people push it on me BEFORE I became a Christian and it just made me more against religion every time.

Just to let people know, a number of pastors in chch got together about this and believe its totally incorrect so even from that point the churches don't believe it, if that helps peoples nerves.

If you can, I wouldn't worry about it, from people who know, the lady who started it is a bit weird. I notice her prediction talks about Christchurch and Kaiapoi etc being hit but it will apparently conveniently miss her house in Amberly. Go figure

Surprised we haven't had a prediction like this:

Watch out for a zombie uprising!

Get your cricket bats ready.

I agree with many comments above... people are trying to get their names out there, and the media and the internet means they can. Like that pastor in America, how many times has he predicted the end of the world?

Idiots.