SamH

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mozzy larvae are black, not white.

I have made a birthday cake for my mother and we will be taking her out to dinner, picking her up in the 1928 Chrysler. It isn't her birthday until next week but this is the only day all 4 of us kids can be here (a rare event these days). She will be 75 :love:

Stopped by the st lukes Animates today, they're not as bad as I expected. Sure their fish section's rather small and I didn't speak to any of the staff so I don't know how knowledgeable they are, but I've noticed a few things that they've done better than other animates I've seen. First, they use recycled paper bedding for their rats, mice and other small critters. This is much better for them than pine and not as messy as aspen, secondly, their cages are also a nice change, raised, and at eye level and looks much easier to clean, and is nicer for the animals as picking them up from above is extremely intimidating and stressful to them, the only downside is that the cages are smaller, and there are no hanging hammocks for them, but then I only saw 1-2 animlas per cage rather than the larger numbers I usually see in other animates.

Additionally, they seems to stock some of the better dog/cat foods, like orijen (made with meat that's actually fit for human consumption), Castor and Pollux (equally good brand), as well some pre packaged K9 raw diet. Back to the fish, I actually liked some of the stock they had there like some little black and white loaches (can't remember what they were but they weren't Dwarf Chain Loaches), purple gold headed harlequins and I hadn't noticed any sick fish except for 1 single oto which was really pale, and unnaturally fat looking. Now I still wouldn't say they're good, especially since their prices are still over the top and such, but better than expected at least.

I am laughing cos my sister's partner has a dog (lab/rotty X I think) and he just ate her brand new dentures. I know it is not funny as they were very expensive, she has just finisahed paying them off, and is heading away for a week's holiday tomorrow but... :rotf: :sml1:

On another happy note, I am also laughing as I got my appointment to see the orthopaedic surgeon to discuss my back surgery :happy2:

Happily, it is a couple of days before the exec meeting so we can go to ChCh, see the surgeon, spend next day at the ChCh Show then the exec meeting the next day. All in the one trip! :happy1:

Hopefully this means the surgery will be done before Christmas - depending on ACC.

Been working for my entry for the 'make my move' competition, here's a link to it, if any of you want to see it http://www.makemymovie.co.nz/entry/hung-out-to-bleed/ and if you have Facebook or twitter or the new google thing you can like it, which i'd really appreciate haha :D

I like the a Poster, And the plot sounds pretty awesome.

I'm hoping that someone coming to my place on the tank crawl will be able to correctly identify my fighter fish's ailment. Found him languishing languidly on the bottom with patchy scales and possibly a loose one. Either has been picked on by supposedly peaceful shoaling fish, the quietly evil badis brothers (they have a look in their eye), or some sort of fungus/unhappy outer scales situation. Whatever it is, he was hungry as a hog when I put him in isolation with some salt.

:roll: