SamH

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You must have a really small screen!

In the end we had takeaways - chicken and cashew nuts, dried rice with pork and sweet and sour fish. All very yummy :thup:

At home I have a regular tube monitor. At work I have a very wide flat screen but still there's a bit of scrolling to get to the submit button.

I have exactly the same problem, but I shall live with is because I imagine it is a lot of coding to change it just for a little while around Christmas.

Is it temporary? I've never seen other sites add smilies and take them away because they're not in season? :cr2:

Is it temporary? I've never seen other sites add smilies and take them away because they're not in season? :cr2:

I dont know, I dont have a problem with them being perminant, it just seems like they are a temporary thing, especially as some of them are much larger then other smilies. e.g. :cr5: :cr3: :cr6: :cr11:

I have a photo of myself dressed as an african woman for a village carnival back in the good old 80s... my mum put gravy browning on my face and i carried my gollywog.... sounds bad nowadays but that sort of thing wasn't frowned on then.... imagine a whitey kid dressing up as a maori or an indian nowadays, the uproar!

in other news, I also went for a 3km run and could barely finish it. Not enough chocolate, clearly that's the reason

Good news from Chocolate World :mbh:

Went to the Pak n Save christmas club night and got 3 blocks of whittakers for $9 and then at the end I won a spot prize of a box of Lindt Desserts

lindt-petits-desserts-selection.jpg

they are half gone....

And more in the good news tumblr_mdcj641Rg41ruygpco1_250.gif

tomorrow at work we are having a retirement celebration for 3 old guys who are leaving... I was in charge of the event so I have ordered them each a different type of chocolate cake. Then out for a dinner for another work do...... It's going to be a delicious day tomorrow! :happy2:

(and then exercising on Thursday :yaw2: )

I have 30 red velvet cupcakes sitting on the bench waiting to have their cream cheese icing added. Today I will be making a dozen gluten free chocolate cupcakes to go with them. My daughter has her last day of school (she has resigned and looking for work in ChCh!) so have done a 'shout' for her class and the staff.

She had final assembly last night and said she scored 2 kisses, 2 hugs and 3 butt grabs (all done in good taste of course :wink: )

Mmmmm those sound delicious Caryl !drool:

Mum made two banana cakes last light and cut one into thirds and gave it to some friends and the second cake was for us.

Today is my last day of school but mum gave me the day off because she said that she didn't see the point in me going when I only have a couple of classes in the morning and then lunch break which goes for an hour and then I have this prizegiving ceremony thing which lasts for the rest of the day. I went to it last year and I found it absolutely horrible and I didn't enjoy it one bit so mum said that I never have to go to it again. A lot of students I know are also having today off for the same reason.

Our prizegiving and last day was Thursday last week and going to school was pretty pointless as well, our day consisted of an extremely boring homeroom from 8:45 till 9:45 in which we had to listen to our musical homeroom teacher practice trombone with the rest of the school brass band :sick: and then after that we had the actual prize giving from 10ish until about 11:15ish and we had to sing the school song and listen to speeches and what not which was pretty boring :yaw1: . Most people just wagged and unfortunately even if i hadn't of got a prize my parents would have made me go anyway. And I was also wondering what school you were at Joe?

I used to go to Bahally and before that Springlands.

My sister goes to Bohally. I was supposed to go there after I finished at Witherlea but I ended up going to a country school called Fairhall which was awesome :D

I thought you might have been, I am at Nelson Boys which is a mint school imo

Yeah I've heard some of the Nelson schools are pretty cool. If it wasn't for my fish then I would probably go to school soemwhere else, most likely in Nelson.

Marlborough Boys is really annoying because they put a lot of emphasis on sport, winning, Maori culture and being better than everyone else. It's so macho :roll:

Bro our school is exactly the same, rugby this winning that and it is annoying as none of the other stuff that kids are interested in ever even really gets mentioned unless they go to nationals or whatever, did you ever come over for the Marlborough-Nelson boys exchange to play anything?

did you ever come over for the Marlborough-Nelson boys exchange to play anything?

No I didn't because I don't like sport. Never really been into it or seen the point in it, and for that matter I've never really been interested in the sort of stuff that most guys or teenagers like.

At the last session of the two year art course that I have been doing with five other students one of them was asking me about the things I like and I don't like and what my hobbies are etc, and when I answered their questions they said "You're so bad at being a teenager!" :slfg:

Yeah I have a bit of an obsession with it (but at least I don't rub it in people's faces and get annoyed at them if they aren't interested in it, like all the macho guys at school do who really like sport 8) ). I also like cooking and science, particularly biology, and plants and nature and that sort of stuff. Oh and cats too!!!