The What's Up? thread.

SamH

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And I have a roast beef cooking in the oven with kumara, parsnip, yam, garlic and some oregano under the beef. The skin has crisped up to what would get a minus-heart tick if there is such a thing, but I will chomp on it anyway because I am an evil fat lover. !drool:

Oh and I went to Bird Barn today for a looksee - fish selection is OK, good prices on fishy goods, cheapest and best range next to HFF. I saw some of Joe's floofies cousins and some very sweet little finches that I liked. Lots of very brightly coloured birds, some that say hello and some with a blood curdling screech, the staff must go home with their ears ringing. :o

Speaking of floofies they're all grown up now and I sold one a couple of weeks ago :)

I made a Madras Curry for tea last night and had the leftovers for breaky this morning !drool:

were they turquoisines? They were selling for something like $180 a pair up here

What! :o I sold a male I bred for $25. I bought my breeding pair for $40, and they are very well-bred good quality stock.

Either I was reading the wrong label or you are hatching a potentially pricey brood. I will check again next time I'm there, they don't have a website.

whilst i'm tempted to make the obligatory chauvanist comment, it would detract from how impressed i am that you can just whip up up a shirti i once made a pillowcase. it was ugly, didn't fit a pillow and fell apart.

Either I was reading the wrong label or you are hatching a potentially pricey brood. I will check again next time I'm there, they don't have a website.

There's quite a big difference between bird barn and non bird barn prices but there is also a big price difference between selling birds in Auckland and elsewhere in the country. In Auckland you can ask $150+ for an alex because their fairly hard to find and there is a market (a very small one mind you) and they don't last long on the market at good prices.

That said - next time you're selling one let me know :)