March 4, 201115 yr comment_424409 I'm still convinced there is a STARGATE connection.. so i did a little google: Ba'al - one of the stargate system lords Anubis - a powerful Goua'ld system lord.. he replaces apophis as the main enemy. Loki - part of the asgard (these guys look like your skinny , big headed , black eyed aliens) , he abducted humans from Earth Thor - commander of the asgard fleet Kree... ??? but "shel kree" means shut up in Jaffa (Tealcs race) Report
March 4, 201115 yr comment_424420 Kree is the Goa'uld word for 'Attention'. so it is. http://www.gateworld.net/wiki/Kree Kree Goa'uld term with several possible meanings, depending on context, including "listen up," "attention," "concentrate," or "yoo-hoo!" The term is commonly used by Goa'uld, Jaffa and Tok'ra in authority to call their men to attention. so ... are we looking at Stargate names??? Report
March 5, 201115 yr comment_424503 well done bikbok, lol we have the first movie, all 10 seasons, the 2 movies that followed, and 3 seasons of atlantis on dvd (i've gotten to know almost every episode by heart) :oops: Report
March 5, 201115 yr comment_424542 Yep, me thinks they are derived from Stargate too. I think the original source for the names would be your list from before, or is Stargate older than Greek Mythlogy? :lol: Report
March 5, 201115 yr comment_424634 Only the most honourable of my fish get names. Edgar-Red betta Big Nig-angelfish Runty-ugly runt betta Report
March 5, 201115 yr comment_424637 I think the original source for the names would be your list from before, or is Stargate older than Greek Mythlogy? :lol: nope - but that combination of names clearly made me think of stargate .. and as it turns out I was right! Report
March 6, 201115 yr comment_424648 nope - but that combination of names clearly made me think of stargate .. and as it turns out I was right! I mean the original source of the names on stargate would have come from those sources, not the fish Report
July 7, 201115 yr comment_445153 Just name all of them Nemo :lol: Well I have named all mine so far but I don't have a lot and I can (I think lol )tell them all apart. There are two that look almost identical so I forget which is which. But the rest are so different I couldn't get them mixed up. Names- Tiny, Nemo (named by the kids lol), Longtail or Rainbow... depending on who you ask lol, Dorothy or Sunshine depends on who you ask, Tiger, Spot, Rosie. Tiny and Nemo are my minnows and the rest are guppies. Report
July 7, 201115 yr comment_445169 I name my particularly special fish, but I couldn't name all my neons, guppies etc I have Felix and Cocoa (Angelfish) & Faulks the fighting fish. Oh and my one lone baby plattie that snuck in with the angel fish has been dubbed Petey :lol: Report
July 7, 201115 yr comment_445309 My 3 year old claimed all 30 of my lemon tetra as his own. I said he could only have the ones he gave names. He came up with about 12 but Lemon Juice is the only one he remembers now. Other than that i don't name my fish Report
July 7, 201115 yr comment_445316 Hoover, female golden BN locust, female BN V2, male BN Red, red swordtail 3 spot, Keyhole Cichlid 4 spot, Keyhole Cichlid rest aren't named Report
July 7, 201115 yr comment_445318 Spike... my Bronze cory who has lived through many deadly ammonia spikes and seems to be the only one that lives. :dunno: Report
August 20, 201115 yr comment_451315 I don't really name mine anymore as I have too many, but I do have a female pink convict in a tank by herself that I call "Missy" and a tank of male guppies known as "the lads". Report
August 25, 201115 yr Author comment_451884 just got myself a 45cm black ghost knife fish.. wondering what to name him. he's pretty active, even during the day, and he has already owned my two big oscars, they stepped down to him hard... his face looks so much like a dog it's awesome. great fish. name suggestions anyone? Report
August 26, 201115 yr comment_452009 just got myself a 45cm black ghost knife fish.. wondering what to name him. he's pretty active, even during the day, and he has already owned my two big oscars, they stepped down to him hard... his face looks so much like a dog it's awesome. great fish. name suggestions anyone? 45cm! any pics? Report
August 27, 201115 yr comment_452200 just got myself a 45cm black ghost knife fish.. wondering what to name him. he's pretty active, even during the day, and he has already owned my two big oscars, they stepped down to him hard... his face looks so much like a dog it's awesome. great fish. name suggestions anyone? Mack the Knife :lol: Report
August 27, 201115 yr comment_452207 I had a silver shark named Bruce, after the mechanical shark in Jaws :nilly: i have.... 2" bully called uncle (self explanatory) My favourite so far :slfg: Report
November 3, 201114 yr Author comment_460455 decided to call my monster BGK "falcor" after the luck dragon in "the never ending story" Report
November 3, 201114 yr comment_460460 My school of Tiger Barbs are called just that My pair of Striata Loaches are called just that My MTS are all named "Snail Face" My Bristlenose is named Burt aka Burtie. I think I have given her a complex by giving her a boys name. She received the name when she was very small so not my fault. :slfg: I had a Rainbow Shark called Sharkie but had to give him up. Report
September 17, 201214 yr comment_497341 I have 2 sand gobies called Fatso and Skinso 3 shrimp, named Candy, Cane, and Abel Annette & James the snails beardy the Chiton "The mouth" is what I call the anenome. I also name many of the fish at work once I get their personality have Tiger woods the BGK, cus when he eats he looks like a golfball... and he's black Xena the Severum cuz she protects me for the male Stripper the Banded leporonis, a lil Kid told me it was a real "Stripper" fish plus heaps more. I think its worse though when a customer comes in and I'm talking to them :facepalm: Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.