January 26, 201115 yr comment_418322 I think it looks wonderful! Definitely going down the Dutch route well! Report
January 26, 201115 yr comment_418359 I am surprised you have not asked for close up pics to save yourself from the pointy stick, Phoenix... Looking nice Ant. Report
March 3, 201115 yr Author comment_424214 Here it is as of tonight. Alanmin4304 gave me some stuff which made it pretty easy for me to make an inline CO2 reactor, set that up today and it works a treat. Will be getting some moss for the wood on the left as it's just getting taken over by algae at the moment. :-? Will be adding a group of 5 T Bar cichlid's soon too. Can't wait. Report
March 3, 201115 yr comment_424222 (clicks back and forth... before and after....only 10 weeks ago...) Report
March 3, 201115 yr Author comment_424225 yea panda cories, not such a good idea. Checked the temp before and it's at 32C woops. Will get it down to 28 tomorrow. Report
March 3, 201115 yr comment_424226 If you need to rehome your panda's let me know Looking awesome! Report
March 3, 201115 yr comment_424229 let me no when you do some cuttings of you plants cos im keen for some new types Report
March 3, 201115 yr Author comment_424238 Yea, lost a fair bit of water. I was home at the time and it was pretty scary seeing it move so much. Found a tetra in the kitchen too Report
March 3, 201115 yr comment_424243 Wow! So lush. What's your maintenance routine on this scape? Report
March 3, 201115 yr comment_424262 Sweet Tank Ant. I was pretty annoyed when you decided to do away with the geos, but you have redeemed yourself. Awesome. Report
March 3, 201115 yr Author comment_424265 Wow! So lush. What's your maintenance routine on this scape? I do two 50% water changes a week for the discus. Dose NPK, Iron, and trace every two days, lights and CO2 on for 8 hours a day. Pruning whenever it needs it. Thanks Simon Report
March 4, 201115 yr comment_424302 OMG it's as good as Phoenix44's and Jen's tanks! I LOVE it :happy1: The Micranthemum is looking awesome What Apistos have you got in there? 8) Report
March 4, 201115 yr comment_424309 very nice tank Antwan. I missed seeing the accompanying ice cream container and old socks in the photo though 8) Report
March 5, 201115 yr Author comment_424511 7 little t bar's went into the tank this morning thanks to Navarre, can't wait until they're big. Here's the CO2 reactor I made, got the bits off Alan who got them from FuglyDragon. CO2 bubbles up from the tubing at the bottom and the water current flows down from the top so it smashes the bubbles against the bio balls and diffuses the gas into the water. I was worried about the build-up of CO2 inside the reactor but every morning the CO2 has found its way into the tank. So now I don't have to worry about fitting some sort of valve into it. I'm so happy with how it works and no longer have a stream of CO2 bubbles blocking the view of the tank Report
March 5, 201115 yr comment_424559 that looks realy good , i might have to get the spects wen i get my co2 Report
March 7, 201115 yr Author comment_424912 Right, I need suggestions please! I moved the big piece of wood on the right hand side (can't really see it behind the micranthemoides but it's quite large) out of the tank because it gets covered in algae all the time and I can't be bothered fighting it off any more! Then I moved the left sword to the right of the right sword, and the crypts in front of the wood/middle sword (now left sword) on the left hand side. Now I have a big space (circled) and nothing to fill it with. What I would like is plenty of suggestions of what we have in NZ that could fit there under my specs (high light, co2, ferts) because I'm stumped and don't know what I could put there. I'm very fussy with what I want :roll: so the more suggestions the better! Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.